Welcome to the new server.

If you are seeing this message, it means you are now using the forum on the new server, and you can post as normal.

(If you haven't noticed yet, most banner messages like this one on the forum have an X in the upper right corner. Click it to permanently close this message after reading it. [You need to be logged in])

Grid Numbering Error

Firing up CC3 again after a long time, I've run into a minor, but annoying error with hex grid numbering on (admittedly) very large hexcrawl maps. It seems there are only a maximum of two positions reserved for X and Y axis respectively. Once you're at 99 (or presumably ZZ) it starts at 00 again: As you can see in the screenshot, A99 is followed by A00. Am I missing anything or this a bona fide problem?

If you only need 100+ hexes in one direction you can avoid the problem by switching one set of coordinates to letters - which is also good for readability. I am not good at reading coordinates like ABFS unfortunately, so that doesn't work for maps that are larger in both directions.

Comments