The World of Kelleemah

Comments

• edited April 2017
    HadrianVI,

Some of the characters are reposts of earlier work while there are several new pieces as well. Out of the characters posted so far on this thread, twenty eight of them are new. In addition, this is a remake of a very old game world that I have been constantly adding to over the years. As such, almost all of the names, cultures, mythos, and legends have already been developed. I am adding some new things though. :-)
  • Sounds like my world of Al'Ayn which I started developing at age 12. I even finished a book about it. I must mao it properly in CC3+ (a basic map exicts in CC3), and put it up on the pages - also gives me the opportunity to practice with Character Artist, like you do. I just am so fascinated by your world.
  • Thanks Quenten! I can hardly wait to see your old world! :-)
  • edited April 2017
    These are the sub-regions of the Pindus:
    1. Agriavouna
    2. Brountzos
    3. Sidero
    4. Chrysafenios
    5. Asimi
    6. Iroikos
    7. Lindos
    8. Ialys
    9. Kamir

The Agriavouna region is inhabited by the Satyrs.

The regions of Brountzos, Sidero, Chrysafenios, Asimi, and Iroikos are inhabited by the Dorian's (Mankind). Brountzos and Sidero make up the realm of Dymanes. Chrysafenios and Asimi make up the realm of Pamphyli. Iroikos make up the realm of Hylleis.

Lindos, Ialys, and Kamir make up the Gnomish islands of the Telchine.
  • edited April 2017
    These are the sub-regions of Dankana:
    1. Idea
    2. Alekto
    3. Tilphousia
    4. Megaera
    5. Mycenae
    6. Tiryns

Idea is the region dominated by the Mountain of Idea and the Dactylian Gnomes that live there.

Alekto, Tilphousia, and Megaera are the lands of the Harpies and are named after their Primordial Goddesses of Vengeance and Strife. They are said to be the daughters of Nyx. The Harpies were the allies of the Gnomes during the Faith Wars and fought against the Olympian Gods.

Mycenae and Tiryns are Cyclopean islands who are allies of the Harpies and the Telchine Gnomes. They sometimes serve as mercenaries for the Telchine known as Lycus.
  • edited April 2017
    These are the sub-regions of Kentauros:
    1. Talivadia
    2. Mavros
    3. Agrios
    4. Tavros
    5. Arkadia
    6. Kerastai
    7. Pheres

Talivadia, Arkadia, Kerastai and Pheres are the lands of the various races of the Centaurs.
    Kerastai and Pheres used to consist of scrublands, but the expansion of the Dudael (Desert) has shrunk those lands. As such, scholars now list them as being of both Kentauros and Dudael.

Mavros is the land of the Orcs.

Agrios and Tavros are the lands of the Minotaur.

The Centaurs of Talivadia and the Half Orcs of Mavros are reposts. The Centaurs of Arkadia, Kerastai, and Pheres along with the Minotaurs of Tavros and Agrios are new. That brings the total for new characters up to 33. ;-)
  • edited April 2017
    These are the lands of the Thamud:
    1. Mada'in Hegra
    2. Dergeh
    3. The Port of Amelak
    4. Athlab
    5. Cemebas
    6. Herdisan
    7. Himyar
    8. The Slave Markets of Hadram
    9. BIra
    10. Xweh
    11. Herixwes
    12. The Port of Selevan
    13. Zemi
    14. Avebela
    15. Berged

These lands are split into independent Sultanates. All of them belong to the people known as the Thamud. Like the Dwarves, they build their cities within the desert mountains. These lands are enclosed by the Mountains of Agriavouna to the north and west and the Athlab Mountains to the east. This valley is known as Al-Hijr, the rocky place; for many large stones, some as big as a house, litter this valley. Local legends say that the giants once held tournaments here when the world of Kelleemah was still young. Indeed, some say the original tunnels below the mountains were dug by the giants of old. The valley empties out into the lands of the Talivadia and Arkadia.

Many Dwarves travel to see the cities of the Thamud and settle here. One such Dwarf migrated from the lands of Morland and over many years had built up a strong band of Dwarven mercenaries. Like her, they had all once been the slaves of the Sabine. Some, were even sold here, in the famed slave markets of Hadram. She did not use her own name, but was called by the Thamudian nickname, Lady Herdisan - the Lady of the Caverns. While exploring ancient tunnels below one of the mountains, she and her band discovered a treasure trove from the age of the Giants. With this treasure in hand, she submitted for the right to build a Dwarven city within the valley and was granted such. Now she rules the city named after her, Herdisan, the City of Caverns. She is no longer Lady Herdisan, but Sultana Herdisan - from Slave to Thamudian Queen.

Herdisan is a new character bringing the tally to 34. :-)
  • edited May 2017
    The largest region in Kelleemah is the great desert of Dudael. It used to encompass the central area of this region, but with the mysterious loss of three main rivers that flowed from the central Zagros mountain range, the desert has gradually expanded. No one knows what caused these rivers to dry up, but it devastated the whole entire region. It devastated the Lehabim, but also had a great impact on the Hyskos, Aleatash, Kerastai, and Pheres sub-regions as well. Other regions were affected to a lesser degree but he inhabitants were easily able to adapt. These were the Mahkum, Ravi Naagon, and Ardhimbaya.

These are the sub-regions of Dudael:
    1. Aleatash
    2. Ardhimbaya
    3. Hyskos
    4. Kerastai
    5. Lehabim
    6. Mahkum
    7. Pheres
    8. Ravi Naagon

Aleatash is far to the south and the people have a thriving trade culture between the Centaurs of Kerastai, the Janan Kingdom of Panchala, and the Kushite tribes of the northwestern Kush which are dominated with hills, scrubland, and savannah. The Aleatash are also chief suppliers of slaves to both the Jana and the Thamud. Some say that the Aleatash have even purchased slaves from the Gnolls of Ardhimbaya and their Flind overlords.

Ardhimbaya are a range of hills along the southeastern borders of the Dudael and the Kushite lands to its south. This is the land of the Gnolls and their Flind Overlords who serve as mercenaries and slavers.

The Hyskos lives in the eastern desert and hills. They trade and raid the Badar to their east and the Kush to their south. They also act as guides for those who wish to traverse the southern desert of Dudael.

Kherastai and Pheres are Centaur realms and share their lands with the Ketauros region.

The Lehabim were devastated by drought and their cities and settlements fell to ruin and were mostly abandoned. Their civilization dots the landscape of Dudael. Pyramids, Necropolisis, Cities, Temple Complexes and more are choked with sand and dust. The fel minions of evil has moved into these lands and what few survivors that still call these lands home must scrape and fight for everything that they have.

Mahkum was once a Thamudian city that acted as a part of the trade route into the lands of the Lebahim and eventually to the lands of the Badar in the east. It is overran now with all manner of evil beings and is ruled by the Afreet known as Rabbalnnar.

To make the desert even more dangerous, the Ravi Naagon (the Sun Serpents) also dwell in this region. They have taken up residents in many of the ruins. In addition, the Troglodai dwell within the caverns beneath the earth, the legendary city of Shisr and its ghouls is said to have been consumed by the sands, the Shedim fortress of Golgothus disappears each morning and reappears each dusk in a different location, the evil Grigori of Mount Hermon is located in the western Zagros mountain range, the Cult of Set have fled the lands of the Badar and now dwell within the Lehabim ruins, and some say that the Zagros has become the dwelling place of the "Never Living God".

To top everything off; the followers of the Grigori known as Azazel seeks to bring about the end of the world.

This is the land of the sands, thirst, and bones!
  • edited May 2017
    World Map

I still have the templates to do for the following regions:
    1. Badari
    2. Kush
    3. East Makara
    4. West Makara
    5. The Shattered Isles
    6. Pulauranah
    7. Sutheimr
    8. Mehteh

Here is a close up of the World Map: https://www.cartographersguild.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95431&d=1494012197
  • Your CA drwings are just awesome. You have made such rapid progress on Kelleemah, it is amazing. I just love your world and all the histories, geographies, mythologies and theologies. What such an imagination you have.
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks Quenten!

I made a mistake on the map. The file had became corrupted and I had to restore an earlier version. I forgot to change the desert to scrubland along the eastern edge of the Athlab Mountains and I forgot to add the desolated lands south of the City of Talivadia (Very small).

Large version: https://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?albumid=5030&attachmentid=95464

It is funny, the rendered maps look so much better than they do on CC3+ and the printed version looks even better than the rendered versions. It really came out nice. :-)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2017
    Looks like this is coming along nicely. Great work so far.
  • Thanks Monsen! I would not have not gotten here if it was not for your mentorship - I greatly appreciate it! :-)
  • edited May 2017
    These are the sub-regions of the Badari:
    1. Aethiopia
    2. Alssahra Aleulya
    3. Alynabie
    4. Ard Alqasb
    5. Wokou

Ard Alqasb and Aynabie were the lands controlled by the god Osiris while Alssahra Aleulya was controlled by his brother, Set. During the Faith Wars, a bitter civil war was fought between the brothers. Set had the advantage in numbers for he not only had the Badari that served him, but promised the Aethians to the south that they would be able to rule their own lands, hired Hyskos mercenaries, allowed in Lehabim refugees who fought for him in return for land, and paid the Wokou Pirates to harass the the coasts. In the end, Osiris was killed and all of these lands fell to Set; the god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners.

But the Priest's of Set betrayed the Lehabim and enslaved them; they treated the Aethians with disdain and taxed them heavily, and even oppressed their own people. May of Set's allies among the gods abandoned him. During the time of the Chess Wars, a new god was born and hidden within the region of Ard Alqasb, He was but a baby and had only a few followers. As a lesser god, he was constantly hunted by the Priesthood of Set. A loyal cult of followers constantly moved him from one safe haven to another and an elite bodyguard of the most faithful and mighty was created to protect him. As the god child grew, so did his army.

Upon his 13th birthday, the god child known as Horus and his army was ready. Many of the Badari were eager to revolt against Set's priesthood, a secret alliance with the Aeithians was formed, and weapons were smuggled to the Lehabim slaves. Thanks to the Grigori, the greater gods were no longer allowed to directly wage war within Kelleemah. The Priests of Set found themselves facing enemies from every quarter. In the end, most of the Priests of Set were slaughtered and what few remained fled to the many ruins of Dudael. Horus declared himself the Pharaoh of the lower river and it's delta, known as Servet. The rest of the lands were divided among the people and ruled by the Nomarchs. Most of the lands went to the Badari, but some were given to the Lehabim as well. In addition, self rule of the lands of the Aethians were formally acknowledged. But in return, all of the people of these lands were required to only worship the Badarian Pantheon.

The Wokou pirates stayed out of the Chess Wars and were pirates and opportunistic raiders. The Wokou consists of various peoples to include, the Namun, Wazi, Yangshow, Badari, Lehabim, Hyskos, and the Kush.

*The total for new characters is now up to 42.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    When you publish the pdf of your world, its going to be thicker than a bible!

I'm going to have to order a couple of reams of paper and extra printer ink for this one ;)

Beautiful work, Charles :)
    Don't know if you know anything about this, Charles, but there's a new Guild Member who's decided to use your world to base her own on.

It seems she hasn't asked your permission, but just assumed it will be ok for her to do this - which IMHO is outstandingly rude to start with!

There's a full resolution copy of your image on her Minecraft thread (linked to from her comments on your thread over at the Guild), and although she's given you credit and linked to your Guild thread, I get the impression that she never asked you if she could do that either.

I know I'd be really peeped off if someone simply decided to take a full res image of Merelan City for themselves to remake and alter in their own way, and then just tell me it was being done, like I had no control over it at all.
  • HadrianVIHadrianVI Surveyor
    edited May 2017
  • HadrianVIHadrianVI Surveyor
    BTW, Charles, I stongly advice you not to approve the use of your map to the person who already infringed your copyright, because the person does and already has not only use your map but also grants reproduction, redistribution ans several other rights on your map to a third party.

If you need any further advice or want the map removed from the third party forum, please let me know.
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks Loopysue and HadrianVI but I had made my decision prior to seeing your last post. Below was my decision and clarification on how I handle my work which was posted on the Cartographers Guild thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much. I am glad that you like my world design and that it has inspired you. All of my work is open for personal use. It is available for redistribution and/or modification though in only two forms without express permission: 1) Users on Pinterest may “Pin” my work from my Pinterest site for their Pinterest pages (After all, sharing is the purpose of the website), and 2) Users of Deviant Art may “Favorite” and/or add it to their specific Deviant Art collection folders from my Deviant Art profile.

Under all other conditions, anyone interested in the redistribution (Such as posting my work to another website beyond the two listed above) or modification (Such as making a Minecraft version or using it to inspire such work) must attain my express permission prior to doing so. The decision to do so is on a case-by-case bases and I can decline the request for any reason (or even no reason).
    My work is not available for commercial use. Those interested in such must contact me at charles.wayne.robinson@gmail.com. The decision to do so is on a case-by-case bases and I can decline the request for any reason (or even no reason).

I post my work on the following websites:
    1. ProFantasy Software: https://secure.profantasy.com/default.asp
    2. Cartographers Guild: https://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?&u=34663
    3. Deviant Art: http://charleswaynerobinson.deviantart.com/
    4. Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/crobinson1797/

If I give permission for redistribution and/or modification or for commercial use, please acknowledge my work using the information given within the quotes below:

“by Charles W. Robinson
    http://charleswaynerobinson.deviantart.com/
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/charleswrobinsonprofile/

I ask that any links to specific work to be from the Deviant Art website. This website shows all of the work that I have done and does not have any work-in-progress pieces (WIP). It only has finished work. In addition, the downloadable work on this site is full size (High resolution work).

Understand that the way that I handle my work only applies to my work. Do not automatically assume that anyone else’s work on this forum on any other platform is the same. I am truly flattered when people like my work, want to “Pin” it, “Favorite” it, or use it. But, I expect every person who wants to use my work to hold themselves to a professional set of standards that transcends the law (i.e. Best practices). Anyone that wants to use my work must show respect, understanding, and professionalism to both me and the platform communities that I post on.

Since the request was not submitted prior to using it on your website and since “best practices” were not adhered to in regard to two community members that posted their concerns on this thread; I have decided to deny the redistribution and/or modification of my work (Kelleemah Map) for your Minecraft project.

Sincerely,

Charles W. Robinson
  • I hope the culprit takes notice. The cheek of some people
    You and Hadrian were brilliant, Charles :D

When I first saw what she was up to and thought of her taking all your lovely world and twisting it all out of shape like your years of work meant nothing, my blood nearly boiled! I wasn't capable of saying anything in public that was fit for public consumption, so I'm afraid I copped out rather badly and only made a stiff little quote about the rules of the Minecraft forum.

The two of you, however...

Outstanding.

I'm so proud of you both :D
  • I have added something to her posts. I am appalled at the gall of this b.... And I decided NOT to mince words. If they chuck me off the Guild, well it would be like punishing the wrong person. Personally I think she should be chucked off the Guild, as she freely admits she is using other people's work since she can't map - her words. I think all mappers in the Guild and in this forum should show solidarity for Charles, If this happened here, I am sure Ralf and Monsen would take action against the perpetrator
    I think the reason the mods didn't say anything, Quenten, was because Hadrian and Charles had already dealt with it in such an admirably professional fashion. I don't think Robbie intervenes unless its apparent that people don't know how to defend themselves in a proper fashion and need a bit of help.

I know that Robbie was there last night. I saw his name on the members list for quite a while, so I know he would have dived in if things went from bad to worse, as he's defended me in the past. The man has an innate sense of good timing and a balanced mind when it comes to things like that. He doesn't just wade in unless its an absolute emergency.
  • I am just concerned that all that woman is going to do is remove all reference to Charles and still use his work. Seems like she is mining other people's work to amend and use on her website without any regard to seeking permission. Her comments make her attitude plain. The only way to stop this is to block her from the site. I would hope if it happened here, the culprit would be blocked. It makes me a little concerned about sharing any of my work in public, and I certainly won't on the guild. Anyway, enough of my rave - I'll say no more about it.
  • It seems to been resolved. The person went from a strait copy of part of the map to concept based off of my work that is quite different. I am satisfied. ;-)

Clear response, polite, respectful, and the a little bit of patience - Professionalism. :-)