Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• Panzer sample thread

So far as I recall from modelling the 8- and 6-rad armoured cars (i.e. also from period images and information), the aerials were fixed in position, and at a height above the turrets all the time. These are the early-war "bedstead" frame aerial types, not the later war smaller "star antennae" which were retrofitted to some models, incidentally.

Oh - and belated congratulations on your ascension to Master Mapper status @Lillhans ! Very well done!

LillhansLizzy_Maracuja
  • Panzer sample thread

Looking good!

I agree on the ground tracks point, particularly for the six and eight-wheelers as they had variations on independent steering per wheel group (and the four-wheelers had independent wheel drives too), so could give much broader overall track spreads.

It might be helpful to have an additional group of aerials to fit to the command vehicles variants (e.g. both the 231 variants, the 232s (6- and 8-rad) and the 222 variant 223), as these are such obvious fixed features in an overhead view, and they have to pass above the turrets, so would need to be drawn that way to allow for the turret pieces to rotate properly.

If you're including the 247, you might want to have the Kfz 13, and the variant Kfz 14 command vehicle - again, it has an overhead aerial, if no turret problem this time!

There are also the SdKfz 221, 260 and 261 (radio car variant of the 260), which you might be able to draw as simply variant top structures/turrets, as being similar to the 222 overall. The 231 (8-rad) headquarters variant, the 263 might be another possibility, along with the 263 (6-rad).

I'll go away now ๐Ÿ˜Ž

MonsenLillhansJimP
  • A Tile to Go with Schley Aliens

Honestly, mushrooms are pretty much indifferent to light. They're the fruiting bodies of fungi hidden below the surface anyway, so don't have much use for sunlight either way (except secondarily, because what the fungi are feeding on often does rely on sunlight to exist - trees and such, say), and they often don't last very long given all they're doing is distributing spores into the air.

Of course, magical-land mushrooms might feel differently about that!

JimP
  • The Creepy Crypt project

Dee-licious! ๐Ÿณ

MonsenJimPLoopysue
  • The Creepy Crypt project

Delicious! And spider-meat "bacon". Now where's the frying pan? ๐Ÿ˜

LoopysueJimP