Birthday
February 5, 1968
Real Name
Kevin
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• [WIP] Community Atlas, 1,000 Maps Contest: Villages in The Whispering Wastes of Haddmark, Peredur

Just wait to you get to my city of San Francisco. I’ve read that we have more liquor licenses per capita than any city in the U.S. Last time I counted, my neighborhood alone had 17 bars in a four-block radius! I will have to find out what our number of residents per bar works out to be.

Wyvern
  • [WIP] Community Atlas, 1,000 Maps Contest: Villages in The Whispering Wastes of Haddmark, Peredur

if they serve as meeting place for the populace in the evenings, even 3 places isn't necessarily that extravagant for a population of say 300

That's a good point. With my villages, I've tried to keep in mind how and where the locals would socialize. Taverns and inns are also good places to catch a performance of a wandering bard or troubadour, or a troupe of actors.

Also, a small village might still get a lot of travelers passing through if it's on an important trade route, or along a route for a pilgrimage to a holy shrine. Or the last stop for adventurers trying their luck searching for treasure in the ruins of an ancient temple (or their first stop on the way home). My village has a winery, and I figured that merchants buying wine at the winery to resell in other towns and cities would want a place to spend the night before heading back with with their casks of wine.

Wyvern
  • The map of GnoccoCON '24, a local gaming event

This is great! I love the idea of using CC3 for non-battlemap purposes. Street fairs, for example, could use it to show which streets are closed off, where vendor and food booths are located, and the location of performance stages.

il mietitore
  • Style Suggestions for Annuals

Looka like we posted threads concurrently! Your Mesoamerican overland and dungeon requests would work well with my Jungle Adventurers suggestion. I would love Greco-Roman stuff. And I’ve been musing on designing a haunted house for Halloween, so your 1920s Horror House idea works wirh that. I love all of your suggestions but those were the ones I wanted to second.

JulianDracos
  • [WIP] Community Atlas - Eknapata Desert

Thank you! Here's how it looks with the effects changes. And I've standardized the font sizes to three: 10 points for country names, 5 points for the three major cities, and 3.5 pts for everything else.

Loopysue
  • Chotlan - Meso American little town

Love the use of magic on the temple and the flames at the arena

Ricko Hasche
  • Are gift certificates available?

Last year, I asked about the availability of gift certificates (my very first post, actually), and it was suggested to buy what you want to gift and then instead of registering it, forward the email with the registration code to the recipient.

It's a good solution for those of us familiar with the site mechanics and know what we want to gift. It doesn't really work, though, if the buyer doesn't know what the recipient already has or would want to get, or if multiple people might want to gift something to the same recipient but were risking buying the same thing. (I am greedily thinking of myself as the recipient, and how people always ask me what I want...and how would I explain this process to folks who don't use ProFantasy?)

Anyway, I wanted to revive this idea well enough before the holidays to see if ProFantasy had the ability and resources (knowing that there are many priorities competing for scant time) of creating a gift certificate option.

Thank you!

Ricko Hasche
  • [WIP] Kingdom of Gongodûr

Appreciate your help and everyone else's! Looking forward to getting back to city and dungeon maps for a bit after this. ;-)

Loopysue
  • [WIP] Kingdom of Gongodûr

Well, I was going to make a twist of Hanlon's Razor ("Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity") phrased more like Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law ("Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"):

A secret grand design is indistinguishable from stupidity.

The truth is...just a clumsy attempt to recreate from a much bigger parent map that was itself derived from a much, much bigger parent map.

This is the parent map I took it from (Gongodûr is in the lower right):

And this is the section parent map that this whole 1,000 x 1,000 mile section comes from:

When I downloaded the FCW for the parent map, it said there were green mountains there, which I took to mean vegetation-covered hills and small mountains.

So no real grand design, just an over-exuberance in trying to add more detail from the parent map and slip in some mapping/adventure hooks.

Loopysue