my Tunnels and Trolls world so far

1235»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

The paper looks gray because no paper is pure white ;)

• Looks white to my eyes, ah well.

• Working on an island. ... not turning out well. I'll post the jpg and fcw Sunday or Monday.

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited August 2023

Here I go. jpg and fcw. I'm not happy with this. About 3000 x 2200 miles.

I used Annual Myrklund, with reef and other symbols from elsewhere.

Loopysue
  • I got about a third of the way through the Dragon dungeon map with symbol placement, and I decided to take a break from working on it.

I'm thinking about working on my Traveller site. My new used vehicle is in the shop, hopefully, just need two indicators on the dash reset. Or something else.

Oh, @Monsen would the dragon dungeon work for the Atlas ? Do I need to break it down into smaller maps/fcw files ?

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Sure. No need to break anything down for the atlas. I prefer dungeon levels being a single file each.

JimP
  • The reason I'm taking a break from it is due to me looking at the same map for days.

• A small start on the text with 3 jpg sections.

Dungeon of the Dragon.

room A ) spiral staircase, down from the surface.

area B ) 2 pits, and 2 open sided carts

area C ) odd-shaped room. Large pile of rocks with 4 skeletons hiding behind it. Smaller pile of rocks.

stone stairs between area C and area D. They don't reach the ceiling 30 feet up. Each step up plays a note of music. The top step plays a crescendo, then goes silent no matter what.

area D ) Two barrier areas. North one has a chair, a writing desk. a table, and an alchemy set. Behind the writing desk is a secret door that gives access to the 15 foot high ridge. The ridge looks rough from ground level, but it is mostly smooth.

The south barrier area has a bed, rug, and a book shelf.

Pile of rocks in the center.

east door, stone.

west door, wood

area Db ) The small rectangular room behind the bed is closed by a secret door. Three barrels of food, 2 sack piles of food. Two chests of money; mostly copper and silver.

area E ) rectangular room, 5 sack piles probably rotted grain, but it could be fresh. Five piles of wood debris.

More in a day or so. I have finished most of the rooms. Currently just looking for feedback.

Loopysue
  • Any suggestions on where in the Atlas Archipelago I can put this dragon dungeon ?

I'll be busy for the next few days. But I can probably work on a surface map, or modify the one above, at night.

• Here are a few more rooms and passageways.

area F ) two tables and chairs with food. Three extra chairs. Wood door from area E into this area. Open wall to area Z.

some of these bits will have more than one room and description.

area G ) room is partway up on the 25; high ridge, but no door to it. A torch lights the room up, a pile of rocks, and a pile of wood debris. A magic mouth, voice recording, of a voice under the wood that gives moaning sounds. Nothing under there.

passageway H ) partially blocked by wood debris, it gives a twisting path to area CC. If the characters listen carefully, they wil hear whispering, but no words.

( skipping the use of I. )

I'm posting closeups so you can see if I need to make changes.

area J ) a pile of rocks. A torch or lantern light can give the impression there are coins under the rocks.

area K ) 4 ogres with spears guarding a chest.

South door; reinforced wood

West door; reinforced wood

area L ) a room with a cow and a pile of rocks. The cow looks hungry. The room partially blocks the path to area M.

area M ) 6 giant ants !

North door and South door are reinforced wood.

The passageway that intrudes into this area from area BB doesn't have a secret door.

MonsenLoopysueQuenten
  • area N ) An idol. 4 floor grates. An illusion makes it appear to have a room under the grates and something is moving in there. A fore pit in the southeast corner.

There are 3 tables: west one has 3 bottles; middle has a sword; the east one has square gold coins. The characters can pick one. Then the other two disappear.

( skipping O for an area. )

area P ) thick walls. 4 ogres protect 7 amphorae. One ogre has a pit on each side as a partial defense.

area Q ) a pile of rocks, two large skulls on the top. between them is a small pile of coins in the rocks.

area R ) water is about 6 inches deep. the cracks in the floor are difficult to see. The cage appears to be empty.

East doorway is open.

A stone bridge leads out to the pile of rocks. With a erow of stepping stones to the south wall.

The 9 skeletons are humming a happy song. Anything but a compliment, and they attack. They don't like being interrupted either.

area S ) about 6 inches of water. Seven skeletons on rocks. As any character starts to step into the room, the skeletons will shout ' Nooo ! Look out !'. Then they will stop moving.

If the characters try again to enter the room, the skeletons will point at the water and shake their heads.

The pig just eats the cattails in the water. The crack under he water is hard to see.

North door, plain wood. For some reason it hasn't rotted.

East and South secret doors must be search for.

area T ) the water is about a foot deep. a grate and 2 chests apparently floating on the water.

Three debris piles of wood, floating on the water.

The table has small square gold pieces on it.

The rocks are just sitting there, but any character that steps on them will hear 'Ouch ! Don't step on me !'.

West door; secret.

South door, reinforced wood.

area U ) Two obvious pits and a wooden chest at the south end.

area V ) has 3 piles of skulls.

area W ) wood piles and other debris. A table with 6 chairs, and plates of food.

A table with some illegible writing and a chair.

Everything in this room is floating about 6 inches off the floor.

MonsenLoopysue
  • passageway X ) intrudes part way into room R and into the wing of the dragon. Could be painful for the dragon. Go ahead, remove the passageway and see if the dragon is grateful. An Ancient Red Dragon.

area Y ) hidden behind a secret door.

Three sheep in the east alcove. They are hungry.

Two torches light up the area.

Behind a barrier are two fighters and a spell caster. They guard two chests.

that is it for today. More typing to do. I have to be out and about on Wednesday.

MonsenLoopysue
  • Typos here and there. I'll fix them Wednesday or Thursday.

• area Z ) Three beds and three carpets. Three shelves of books, some could be magical.A fireplace with two tables with food dishes. Seven chairs, and a chair at a writing table.

An ogre and two golems.

area AA ) Two doors at the north end. One secret, one open metal door.

See the elf house ? Nice friendly elves... But that isn't any elf language they are speaking.

area BB ) odd-shaped room.

upper left: two topiaries, that can come to life. And a well.

below the 'BB": two wooden tables, food plate on one.

upper right: large cracks in the floor. Could they become a sinkhole ?

lower left: wood spikes, look like they have been moved around several times. an old campfire to the left of the in use fireplace.

Three blue comfy chairs. Skulls to the right of the fireplace.

Two tables at the side side, with food plates.

Huge secret door to the west end.

area CC ) two rock piles.

If the characters look away, then back at them... the rocks will look like they might have moved. Have they moved ?

area DD ) A passageway/room. Huge doors, two skeletons on the west side, one skeleton on the east side.

Moving the skeletons on the west side, the double doors open.

Moving the skeleton on the east side, opens the secret door into area BB.

QuentenLoopysueMonsen
  • The last bits.

area EE ) looks like the shallower rooms with water. But this is a foot deep. The open traps, and skeletons by two of them, are barely visible. And could be a trick of the light on the water, which is cloudy.

Yes, the characters have to wade through the water.

South door; reinforced wood.

East door; reinforced wood.

area FF ) a stone bridge in a circular room. Three piles of bones on the bridge.

Two chests.

The gray water is 10 feet deep.

The lone torch on the wall is newly placed.

passageway GG ) secret door at the area WW end, open doorway at area A end.

location HH ) a pile of wood debris, hides a small lantern and enough oil for 12 hours of use.

area JJ ) sunken water dungeon.

Two small boats, and one large skiff. One of them leaks after it is placed in the water.

Two sharks, and several small schools of piranha fish.

Note the whirlpool next to the rock with a chest. Don't fall off !

area KK ) a room with some water here and there.

Characters will hear whispers, 'Don't drink the water !', and 'shaaaarks ', and the treasure could be worth the risk !'.

stone steps LL ) stone steps that lead out into the caveern and over to area JJ.

Any suggestions ?

Loopysue
    edited August 2023

My intent is to make this into a T&T dungeon, but the version for the Atlas will be changed to fit the Atlas. In other words, I'll likely take out the monsters and the grid. Add in room sizes for the rectangular rooms.

• 2 months later
  • I have some of the dungeon maps upon my T&T site, but the surface ones have to be altered for the different terrain before I upload them.

• Here is the continent. I'll go over the color choices for the contours.

QuentenLoopysue
  • Oops. I forgot to mention why that large black dot is there. I had zoomed in and decided where to put the maps I've been working on, on that continent.

Well, a 21 mile by 18 mile area just disappeared on the above continent. I tried several things I wasn't satisfied with, and just jumped the text size way up and put the large black dot so I could find it again.

• I now have a downloads page with the png files and text descriptions. 25.9 megabytes. Link to that page is under the Information menu on my t&t website.

• I'm in the process of moving to a new web host. But the old one will be up for awhile.

• I'm stepping away from mapping for a few days. I'm okay, just tired.

edited November 2023

Only one map on my new site, but here is the url.

• All of the maps are there, except the dungeon of the dragon set.

• 7 days later
  • In moving, I noticed that some of the posts/articles on my t&t site have problems. I'll work on it.

• All of my sites are moved, web host is having a ssl cert problem, they are working on it.