My Perspectives Symbols

124»

Comments

• ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Yes, others can make buildings, but how nice to have a collection already done. Creating villages would be so much quicker. But I do see the point.

I'm always pretty iffy when it comes to the whole Patreon thing, but that's just my own opinion... There are a lot of them, so people must be successful with them. It's the same with things like Go-Fund-Me campaigns. Except in a few specific cases, most of those really turn me off. Dire emergencies are one thing, but I see as many frivolous things on those sites.
  • Well, I decided to change up my Patreon and will not be using these symbols as rewards. So I've released them on the Cartographer's Guild in the same thread the first ones were on. Enjoy :)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I find it works a bit better to put them in an album at the Guild. Threads tend to get lost if they aren't active all the time. There are just so many of them over there.

Having created an album of freebies, you can add a link to it in your Guild signature - as I have done with several of mine ;)

The only slight drawback... if it can be called a negative thing.... is that you tend to get a really high visit count on your profile, and lots more friend requests than you were anticipating. That's why I have 43 friends, which is way more than most of the Community Leaders have! It can be difficult at times trying to support so many other people whenever they appear on the activity stream with a new map. Thankfully, though, only a few of mine seem to be relatively active ;)
  • Thanks for the advice Sue. I took it and made an album of all of my Tudor buildings. I will probably release them to the thread and also put them in the album.
    A generally good plan ;)

I don't know about you, but I find the Guild to be almost too large for its own good. To me its really difficult to find even my own threads after a while, never mind other people's.

I'm usually stuck there in front of my machine racking my brains for a likely search term :P
  • edited January 2018
    Sometimes it does feel that way. But I would expect nothing less from a large guild and there is no denying that the Cartographer's Guild fits that description. You could always try subscribing to your own threads Sue, that way you can search your subscribed threads and find what you are looking for a little easier. When I read something that I think is important on here, that is what I do so I can come back to it later and look up what I thought was so important.
    Subscriptions are good, and I have a subscription to every thread I've ever made a comment on, but they only work when the thread is active - only help you to find the thread when someone else has just made a comment on it, and you've just got an email telling you so.

That's what I meant by I'm usually left trying to work out a good search term. Most of the threads I've lost are ones that haven't been commented on for at least the last year.

I also have 25 pages of subscriptions to look through, and I can't always remember the title, so a search is often the best option :P
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Got 'em and already have them set up as a symbol catalog. Just waiting to use them somewhere..!