Posted By: jaerdaphWill older products, especially the annuals, be backwards compatible with CC3+?
Posted By: bigdruidIn an earlier post, the release was indicated as 'pre-April'. However, my Character Artist 3 email indicated January. Not to look the gift horse, or software, in the mouth but that seems almost too good to be true.
Posted By: Kitsune ZetaYeah, I got the same email this morning saying CA3's been released (which I may get further down the line, but not now), noting that CC3+ is considered a "newer version" of CC3 (and thus covered by the 3-month "Upgrade Guarantee" window for free upgrade). Now, I purchased CC3 (and a few addons) about... 36-ish hours ago (on Dec. 17, putting my 3-month window at about March 17), So I have two questions:1) Do we have a more specific release date estimate than just a month?2) How much would an upgrade from CC3 to CC3+ cost, before any guarantee discounts? (e.g. if you were to release it in April, how much would it be before the 60% discount?)
Posted By: DogtagOut of curiosity, will there be a function to let us duplicate a sheet or create a new sheet based on an existing one? I'm not particularly interested in copying the entities on the sheet along with the sheet itself so much as I'm interested in copying all the effects and their sheet-specific parameters.~Dogtag
Posted By: blatherI am glad to hear that it will run on XP, unfortunately XP is loosing total support for an "End of Life" product on April 8th. I would be interested to know how well the new software will run using current processing technology. What would an optimized computer spec sheet look like?
Seriously, Thank you for years of effective mapping.
1) Do we have a more specific release date estimate than just a month?
2) How much would an upgrade from CC3 to CC3+ cost, before any guarantee discounts? (e.g. if you were to release it in April, how much would it be before the 60% discount?)
The CA3 offer is this. If you have CC3 and you get CA3, you are guaranteed a free upgrade to CC3+ when it is released, whenever that is. This offer expires on 1st January 2014.
The CA3+upgrade offer ends 1st January - but CC3+ will not be released in January. I am making no guarantees about when it will be released. I hope, before April. We are certain it will be released in 2014, and I hope before April, but that's all I can say. We have not yet decided on a price for the upgrade but I imagine it will be at least $20 pre-discount.
- Okay, I know if we buy Character Artist 3 ($40) we get CC3+ for free when it comes out. That's not what I am asking about.
- If we do NOT buy Character Artist 3, but we DO own CC3, do we get any discount on upgrading to CC3+, or would it be the same cost for us as it would be for a brand new customer who has never bought Campaign Cartographer before?
CC3+ for new customers will replace CC3 and therefore will probably keep the price tag of $44.95.
I look forward to CC3+, it seems pretty awesome.
Happy Holidays everyone!
While I have continued to use CC3 for multiple projects (and recently just got someone I know who was interested in trying his hand at mapping for his fictional country to pick it up, as well) and still love the program, I've been frustrated by the issue with exporting images from maps at high resolutions and/or with anti-aliasing in use (the "issue" being that it basically can't be done).
I couldn't help but notice a particular item in that list of features that Simon posted: "You also get higher resolution export with anti-aliasing."
So it looks like, among MANY other enhancements, CC3+ will specifically fix the single most problematic issue I was having with CC3. On top of that, we may have our hands on it as soon as early-to-mid 2014, AND we're going to get some kind of discount on it if we already own CC3?
I am officially HYPED. Can't wait!
Sorry I digress. So is there still an installation order issue with the various products?
I'm a Mac user by default and maintain a Windows XP VM for exactly 3 reasons: Quicken, an old Palm that I'm not quite ready to get rid of, and CC3. Seeing as my use of Quicken and the old Palm are on their way out (albeit very slowly) this means that CC3 will be my only reason for having a Windows VM. Given the cost of upgrading the OS, it's doubtful that I'll be upgrading to CC3+ anytime soon, which is a bummer.
Of course, like dm_tim I've also been away from CC3 for a while and am only really noticing the impending upgrade because of the planning I'm doing for maintaining my XP system after EOL. I'm not even playing any games at the moment, let alone running one. So chances are that I wouldn't have upgraded right away even if it weren't for the OS issue. However, when the opportunity to get back in to gaming does arise, the upgrade to CC3+ will not be automatic for me. I guess mostly I'm posting to say, "I wish I had a reason to anticipate this upgrade to a piece of software that I really like."
I guess I'm still waiting for CC4 (the next version), which we were promised will be multi-platform.
I like how you transformed Simon's post of "The next version (which isn't for a very long time) is likely to be multi-platform." into a promise.
You do realize that the phrase "is likely to" is actually a strong maybe used when a person would really like something to happen but cannot actually promise it?
Thanks for giving me my chuckle for today.
CC4 is likely to be multiplatform. One option we have, if we consider a mac version to be feasible, would be to do a Kickstarter allowing mac users the chance to support their chosen platform. That would also demonstrate to us one way or another if there is a market for such a thing. I suspect it would have to be a six-figure sum, though.