CC3+

13»

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    Posted By: Torg SmithAre you guys considering moving from the FastCAD for CC4? I realize this is off in the future type thing.
    It's really too early to tell, though we options which boil down to a choice between evolution and revolution.
  • TheElfTheElf Newcomer
    I think CC3+ / CC4 should have a good viewer we can use on tablet. Larger tablets could be good to display maps at gaming table. So I would prefer to be able to display maps in a tablet optimized app. For tablets larger than 10'' we have a huge choice of windows based hybrid tablets, and they are a good thing, and a such viewer can be a desktop application, if it can handle multitask gestures well, so it wouldn't need a very different codebase.

Of course for online virtual tabletop we could use some other map display solution.
  • I just wanted to say that my question was not that I thought you should move away as it does not matter to me either way.
  • Will there be the capacity to create new maps by snipping bits of existing ones? E.g. to go from regional to local?
  • That ability is there now. Look in the CC3 manual.
  • Really? So I have a corner of my continent, I can select it and everything in it and spawn a new map using just copy/paste? No need to trace shapes etc?

I have looked in the manual. Would you mind pointing me to this?
  • edited January 2014
    Posted By: zornhauReally? So I have a corner of my continent, I can select it and everything in it and spawn a new map using just copy/paste? No need to trace shapes etc?

What you are asking for would be very difficult and would not look good if it was automated. If you are using any symbols on your map, they will need to be scaled. This will leave gaps between your symbols.

The 2012 Annual has an article on this in detail. http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2012/august12.html
    It still requires a bunch of work as the reason you are doing this is that you want to add a bunch of detail in.
  • I don't find the page in the Tome.

But here are two threads in these forums.

thread 1

thread 2
    Posted By: zornhauReally? So I have a corner of my continent, I can select it and everything in it and spawn a new map using just copy/paste? No need to trace shapes etc?

It's on our wish list but it's pretty tricky and varies with the map style. That's our problem, though, not yours!
  • I'm guessing it's insanely tricky!

It's important to users like me who want to use CC as a "world management and creativity tool".

I want to be able to go; "This looks like an interesting area - snip - paste ..." and start adding stuff. If I have to fiddle, then the freshness is lost.
  • 1 month later
  • I'm getting pretty excited about this new software. I've been getting into map styles and D&D type stuff recently and have been looking for a tool just like this. Problem with a lot of them is they just feel outdated. I've been holding out for CC3+ (not as long as anyone on this forum I'm sure), but just wanted to let the Devs know theres a lot of excitement out here from new and old blood alike. That being said, we've heard April release but I haven't seen a date? I'm curious if this is set in stone? Maybe a month out - seems like there would be an announcement.
  • I am just getting back into CC after a few years away, this looks very exciting!
    Count me in on an upgrade.
  • 20 days later
  • illuminatispyilluminatispy Traveler
    edited April 2014
    I'm patiently waiting for CC3+ so I can buy all the new releases at the same time, CA3/Annual 2014/ CC3+ and anything else I've missed here.
    CC3+ Is next up after Symbol Set 4: Dungeons of Schley. We are still looking at the first half of the year for a release date.
  • Funny you should post that. I read that at work and wondered when Symbol Set 4 was coming out. I just got home to the email and purchased Symbol Set 4. :)
  • 2 months later
    Sorry for the delay. There isn't much I can say other than we are making some difficult decisions about code forking and versions of Visual Studio which will require extensive testing.
  • Thanks for the update Simon. I had just read about some awesome features and something about the first half of this year for release and just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on something. If you need someone to assist with free labor testing, you let me know. :)