Community Atlas - Elen Daelarion - Thrarasie Faire Cave, 14 & Western Hill Fort, 16

Comments

• I think I got it. I'll try and type up room, etc. info on Monday or Tuesday. Then submit for ideas, etc.

900 pixel jpg

Loopysue
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Don't be afraid to take your time. I still have a backlog of submissions to work through.

Things looks much better with the text size normalized. But check your other maps too. I only mentioned those three for the sake of example.

JimP
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited April 2021

Okay. I've been working on my Crestar maps to.

This set looks to be about 14 maps. I didn't do any stores... that would have jumped it up to 20 or more.

• The bedroom in adventure house 5. 30 gray bmp over the rest of the drawing.

900 pixel jpg , 2000 in gallery.

Loopysue
  • The Haunted Mountains regional map. Covers both location 14 and 16. earlier versions of this map removed from my gallery.

900 pixel jpg , 2000 in gallery.

• About 2 more maps to go. Then a write up.

• The combat training basement for adventurer house 5. Preliminary. I had to change the font as I found the one I used for the ground level to be hard to read on this map. It was Rochester, I changed it to Lucinda Blackletter.

If they don't bring weapons down with them, are they defenseless ?

Next to the wall torch are three rustic chairs. Out of caution, these were made. One takes apart into clubs. The other two have a mace, knives, and two short swords in cased in their structures. Some of the retired adventurers weren't told, they tend to talk over much when in their cups of beer.

More rooms to add, plus the kobold tunnel that leads into this area.

The entrance room has logs of their adventures, tatami mats, chairs, a wine rack, etc. Archery storage has 3 bows. As you can see from the archery targets, not all arrows hit the target. The mats and cusions are CSUAC symbols.

900 pixel jpg

Loopysue
    edited April 2021

A basement/storage area in the caves for another map.

Go over all maps and see what they need for more rooms, symbols, beings, monsters, cupboards, chests, traps, etc.

Type up various chunks of info on area, the caves, the fort, and other areas like the kobold and orc villages.

But I'm tired, we were out shopping today, and it was 77F to 80F. Whoosh.

Later.

• I'll post area names, and the names of the fcw files I'll be using. Suggestions welcome if I need to change anything.

About 14 maps, please hold comments until all are posted.

Thanks.

Trarasie Caves 14

Traraise Caves The Haunted Mountains region.fcw 14 and 16 region map  done

Traraise Caves ground level.fcw map done

Traraise Caves upper level.fcw map done

maybe a basement area for storage map done

Traraise Caves basement level.fcw

connecting The Water, The villages, Western hill Fort, and the Traraise caves map done

cave_of_tunnels.fcw

Western Hill Fort 16

Western Hill Fort.fcw ground level map done

WHF_adventurer house.fcw adventurer 5 house map done

WHF_Western Hill Fort adventurer 5 house loft bedroom map done

WHF_adventurer house basement adventurer 5 house basement map done

Western Hill Fort adventurer 5 house 'training' area map done

WHF_adventurer_house_combat_basement.fcw

Traraise Caves the water.fcw map done

kobolod_village_death.fcw map done

orc_village_strife.fcw map done

entrances for them to get down to the Cave of Tunnels map done

danger_hills_to_tunnels.fcw cave

That is the list. Next, maps at 3 or 4 per post. All in jpg format.

• Cave of tunnels where all of the various tunnels meet.

Orc and Kobold villages area. I'll have to make the mark for the cave entrances better. To the left of the S in Strife, and under the a in death.

LoopysueMonsen
  • Ah, I have two region maps for some reason. This is region map 2. They look close to the same thing to me. Please pick one.

• Now, to type up these and The Craig maps. Break time !

• 11 days later
    edited April 2021

Here is the start. I'll continue to work on it.

Western Hill Fort (16)

A hill fort of half-elves. There are humans, a few dwarf and elf travelers, and a few halfling merchants. But it is run by half-elves. A small group of homes are owned/rented by retired adventurers.

1 through 5 are retied adventurer homes. Number 5 has a basement and a sub-basement recreation area so they can 'keep in shape'.

To the northwest are two small farms growing potatoes and corn. The browninh field is fallow for a season or two to recuperate.

Blu's Inn and Stables. Nice place, currently owned and run by the Greenfields' family of halflings. Blu died over a century prior.

Smithy, horses and oxen shoed. Sometimes cheerfully.

Storage buildings. Lock boxes and bins. Guarded, monthly or yearly rentals.

Shops: shoes, boots, armor, arrows and bows, swords and maces. Pikes by special order.

Barracks, where the various military who guard this town live.

North Keep. Once the only inhabitation of this fort. A plaque on the first level tells a bit about the early defenders, and their names of those lost to orc attacks.

Jolly Keep. Not exactly a place of laughter, but more to do with it being the second defense put up. North Keep inhabitants didn't feel so alone anymore.

Adventurer house 5) first floor. a nice place to sit and chat. 7 comfy chairs, rugs, and a fireplace. The owner, one Greg the Stout, doesn't keep food here as the other adventurers would eat it up. He goes over to the Inn and eats their food. Spiral stairs connects the bedroom to the basement and the sub-basement. Also has a trap door into the basement.

This house probably could use more detail.

Adventurer house 5) upstairs bedroom Three chairs, a rug, a bed. Outhouse out back.

Adventurer house 5) basement. 4 skeletons under the control of the spell caster in the group. A storage cabinet. Two chairs and a rug.

Adventurer house 5) sub-basement. Entrance room: tables, chairs, work bench to repair items. Spiral stairs comes down onto a regular stairway.

Almost forgot.

Handcrafted items. Various items like backpacks; satchels of leather; stone daggers, stone axes ( some monsters don't take damage from metal ); boots; adventurer clothes including jackets, hats, gloves, and knit caps. Coats and other winter gear must be ordered.

Adventurer house 5

bedroom

basement

sub-basement ( combat basement )

Melee equipment room is storage for various weapons and shields. Changing room, for those sweaty clothes brought on by exercise. Archery storage and range. Bows, arrows, crossbows and quarrels. Three targets.

Loopysue
  • Orc and kobold villages area

Kobold village. formerly a human town.

Orc village. Also formerly a human town.

Loopysue
  • The Haunted Mountains Region map. The kobold and orc villages are not marked on this map.

Traraise Caves ground level.

1) entrance has two portcullis and several traps.

2) redoubt) walls and towers as a last ditch defense, ballistae on the walls. Water feature in front of one wall. Spiral stairs that go to upper level and the basement.

3) barracks with fireplaces, beds.

4) barracks with storage, fireplaces, beds, dining table. This group can rush to the entrance to block attacks.

5) A well kept kitchen with a variety of foods.

6) Dining area. No more than one-third of all defenders are here at any one time. Up and down spiral stairs.

Some passageways have ladders that can be pulled up to block attackers.

Upper level. basically the same as ground level, but with more ballistae, more defenders, more weapons and storage.

basement storage. Why are the jakes only down here ? Must be bad planning. So must the passageway to the storage area.

Loopysue
  • Cave of Tunnels. How the Orcs and Kobolds get around without being spotted by the half-elf patrols.

The Ghost Tunnel appears and disappears. The humanoids avoid it.

Loopysue
  • Any suggestions ? More details ? Looks good ?

Thanks.

Maybe the cave of tunnels could have some interesting locations/features? For example a small camp hidden behind some rocks, a chest or two with supplies hiding around, some rubble or a corpse?

JimP
  • Sounds good. I'll work on that tomorrow or Monday.

edited April 2021

Location A is human and D is monster bones.

B and E are kobold camps.

C is an orc camp.

900 pixel jpg, 2000 in gallery.

edit: I am thinking about adding more details to the various maps. Any suggestions ?

Loopysue
  • 24 days later
  • My apologies, but I am more tired this year than 2 years ago. So, I'll finalize these maps when I can.

No hurries. The atlas is intended for people taking exactly as much time as they need, no stress. Except for competitions, there aren't any deadlines to meet, it's ment to be relaxing, not stressful.

• I think I need a better sleep pad, or softer rocks to place under my tent.

I do look for rocks and tree roots to make sure they aren't under my tent before I pitch the tent. But it is Spring, and I think the rocks grow back after I have put my ground cloth down.

[Deleted User]

I've noticed that myself. I think it is because rocks are nocturnal and can't grow in the light, they start growing once you cover them with your sleeping mat.

JimP[Deleted User]
  • I noticed as I went back over this copying my notes and suggestions out to a text file... there is no hidden passageway for the retired adventurers to get grabbed by the kobolds. I'll add that.

• Update of House 5 combat training basement, with kobold tunnel. There is a skeleton in the tunnel.

Medio
  • New overall map. Now showing the Danger Hills where Kobolds and Orcs live. Southeast of Western Hill Fort.

LoopysueMedioMonsen