Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I'd like to participate :) It seems really fun, and my own projects will be weeks apart. It would be a shame to let the skills I'm building fade in those times.

If it isn't taken yet, I'd like to do something with this keep and the cave behind it in GlaciƤr Kristol.
      Untitled.png
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

I'm sure Remy will reserve the site for you! I'm looking forward to what you do with this! Thanks for choosing my map :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2017

Welcome to the project Jos.

I've reserved the area for you. Happy mapping :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2017

It looks like the buildings in the Forrestal Manor Ruins map are (still) reserved. If they are still reserved in my name I would like to begin working on them again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Go ahead girl.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Wonderful! Thank you!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017 edited

I think I'll work on the rectangle area on this map. I may adjust it based on what I come up with. May do the lighthouse area and the end of the Dead Forest as separate maps... or together and two smaller area maps. Not quite sure yet.

edit: just measured it and the distance is 25 miles by 13 miles. Seems fairly easy to do as one map.
      part_Basher_Bayb.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

Great. I'll reserve it for you. Remember that Shessar's Forrestal ruins map is set in the ruins at the far eastern edge of that area, so make sure to have an appropriate ruin in your map for that area that can be linked to Shessar's detail map.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2017

I don't think I'm going that far over, but I'll check.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017

I would like to work on another map, part of Doriant. This is about 150 or 160 miles, including 2 islands, of the continent.

Are the red dots towns ? Forts ? Cities ?

Here is the selected part. 800x600.

I'll also be working on Dead Forest.
      doriant.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Hi Jim, that area is unfortunately already reserved, but there are plenty of other regions around the coast of Doriant with similar features. You can see reserved areas by clicking the button below the map in the atlas.

As for the red dots, given the huge scale of the Doriant continent, those would represent major cities as far as I can tell (HadrianVI would be the one to give the final verdict though, since he designed this map).

As for the Dead Forest, just remember that Shessar's Manor Ruins is in there when you detail it, so you don't place something completely different in that location. You can see the placement from the link on your South Basher Bay map in the atlas.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Hmmm... I looked at the Atlas and thought I had spotted all of the paerts already selected. This is down by the south western end. The similar one I thought was up by the center of the continent.

I remember Shessar's temple and will do my best to make sure it is noted if I go over to the east where it is located.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017 edited

Ah, I didn't do the toggle on the Atlas site.

There is a penninsular area southwest of Dungroth I could work on. I'll post a png part as soon as my computer calms down and loads the fcw of the map.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: JimPAh, I didn't do the toggle on the Atlas site.
    It's a bit difficult to spot, but I made it that way because the regular visitor wouldn't be interested in reserved areas, they would only want to browse the available maps.

Posted By: JimPI'll post a png part as soon as my computer calms down and loads the fcw of the map.
    The Doriant map can be a bit heavy on the old CPU.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2017 edited

Doing a shutdown so my computer won't have any effects from other software hanging around in memory. I'm really beginning to dislike Win 10 as it is currently trying to shut down and taking over 20 minutes to do it. Argh.

More like over 45 minutes ago. Hopefully today. Sigh.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

My windows computer is trying to shut down. Same happened on Friday. I did do a search and there seem to be bad patches. I'll have to wait and get win 7 next month. I have a spare computer i can install it on. I know about dual boot, but that not be a good idea with window 10.

So, I may check in and read, but for the time being that is it. Later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2017

Well, you certainly seem to attract computer issues. Hope you get this sorted soon.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2017

Me too, on linux for now. It could be those times I glared at a computer and informed it I knew where the sledgehammer was stored. Bam ! I didn't hit any computers but there were times I felt it was a Very Good Idea[tm].
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2017 edited

How about this part of Doriant then ? Its on the east coast.

(I can boot Win 10 in safe mode, make maps, and post them...)
      doriant2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2017

Hmm, a nice hot location very close to the equator, in stark contrast to the climate on the cold and weather-hardened island of the Forlorn Archipelago.

I'll reserve it for you. Keep the scale in mind, those pieces of Doriant tends to look deceptively small. I see you have already figured out the scale though, so I assume you have the scale part well in hand.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I place a hollow square on the part I'm zooming into, and do a distance with ortho on.

Oh, I got some actual help, and found out I did know how to turn updates off, and then got rid of KD4041676, and I'm back on my Win 10 computer.

Hurrah !

( I was going to do a bit of Monty Python, but some of you all might think me a bit excentric allready.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Hi Monsen, can you reserve me the area around Tartessos - to include them whole river valley and the two mountain ranges on either side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017

Sure thing. Your claim has been reserved.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2017 edited

I'm having a tough time deleting nodes on the Doriant map. I am back on Windows 10. A patch on Win 10 was bad. Very bad.

Anyway I know some of the bitmap fills from using list, but getting the map trimmed down is being a big pain.

edit:

thumps head on desk.

It calms down faster if effects are off. Argh. Anyway, I am able to delete and move nodes now... some parts are being dificult though.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2017

If they haven't been yet claimed, I'd like to participate and do the islands of Puia Hanahana and Mate Ora on the Nga-Whenuatoto continent map (god, that's a mouthful!!!).
      Puia Hanahana and Mate Ora.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Great. They're yours. Looking forward to see what you can do with them. Remember to keep the scale in mind. This is from a continental scale map, so they are not exactly small.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Yes. I plan to put them on two separate maps so scale shouldn't be an issue.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime1 day ago

I am not very good at buildings... so if someone wants to make an interior of the Old Wizard's Tower in the Silent Forest, please do so.

I'll be making a Perspectives/Annual 66 dungeon to go under it.

( i o i o i o... well, my keyboard worked that time... Never mind, its okay now, I think.)