Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2017 edited

Thank you.

Edit: BTW, I'm still working on Vyrn City but I can't work on it more than one hour straight, therefore I'm not making a lot of progress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2017 edited

Monsen, I am going to do a Mercator map of Nibirum, just for my pleasure, but will still offer it up to the community. I am having difficulty in working out the diameter - I get between 23,000 and 25,000. Do you know the dimensions it should be, so I can set the correct map size?
    And I am still working on my Artemisia projects, but I sometimes need a break from them
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017

Posted By: QuentenMonsen, I am going to do a Mercator map of Nibirum, just for my pleasure, but will still offer it up to the community.
    I have actually already been debating back and forth if that style would be a nice world map for the atlas. Sadly, I cane to the conclusion of no, simply because it required annual issues, and we really want everyone to be able to open the world map regardless of products owned (Also, it would be nice if the first map people opens showcases what you can do in just CC3+ too)
    I am kind of saddened about this, since I really love that style.
    Maybe we could offer it up as an alternate map or something though.

The circumference of the world is 25000 miles..
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Just wanted to showcase Mercator, and as an alternative decorative map, not the main thing. I'll go ahead, and see what you think. I need a break from Stromphe and Spiros.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

I think this is an excellent idea as an alternative extra option.

Quenten, it would be fun to see it as if drawn from the perspective of one of the leading civilizations too - so their capital would be at the "centre" of one hemisphere, not necessarily the "usual" view of Nibirum from the main "official" map!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

Sounds good to me as well.
    What lgt file was used for the WORLD map?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

The image is exported from the Gaia view, and if I remember correctly, the globe was exported using the texture climate from annual issue 60. lgt files have no impact on either of these.

Edit: The CC3 map export was exported using the Default.lgt file.
    Many thanks, Monsen. Just what I needed.
    • CommentAuthorpixelkitteh
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

Can I please put in a bid? :) For this area of Doriant-

(EDIT: wanted to add that I had this idea about the island nation being too small and the people taking over some of the lands to the east hence why I picked such a strange area, that's the nearest fertile looking coastline to Ethra and that's where they would go!)

((EDIT EDIT: If it's not horribly greedy I'll grab that whole area under Qaras, where Anorica is I mean... (see second picture... ALLLLL of that...) If it's too much don't worry I'll stick to my original pick :) ))
      Doriant.jpg
      this one.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Consider the area yours.

Keep the scale in mind though. It is easy to misjudge when just looking at the map isolated, but that piece is actually larger than a couple of the other continents, so keep this in mind when deciding what detail level to implement. Just the Island of Ethra is close to the size of the United Kingdom.
    I like a challenge :) thanks very much!