About the bundles - any recommendation?

Hey guys, just signed in!

I'm really interested in purchasing the whole seabang bundle (which here in BR is a great investment - could buy a simple motorcycle with the exchange rate on this bundle from pounds to reais), but since everything is in chaos, i'm avoiding making some risky economical moves.

For starters, should i just get CC3+ and get going with it (maybe wait for a deal along the year?) or the value on the addons make them unmissable? Or if there is any other bundle that you guys feel it's really worth it, which do you recommend?

I have no problem using CAD stuff, and also don't want a tool which can end in like a year or so (which i know CC isn't the case)

(i do feel bad that i've missed the humble bundle deal, but thats alright)

Thanks guys! ?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

Hello Primo, and welcome to the forum :)

Rather than jumping in with more than is necessary before you know very much about Campaign Cartographer, the core app (CC3+ on it's own) would be sufficient to learn all the main tools, and get a good idea of the quality of the artwork assets too.

There are the main add-ons, like Dungeon Designer 3, City Designer 3, Perspectives and Dioramas, and the Symbol Sets, 1 through 5, other add ons like the Castles and Temples, and the biggest collection of all - the 15 year's worth of Cartographer's Annuals. These are all displayed on the Profantasy webpage so you can get an idea of what each of them can do and decide what to get. There are also free samples of the annuals available to try out, and a lot of other free stuff you can get here:

Meanwhile, if you decide the core app isn't for you, then it's not so much trouble to claim your refund within the first 14 days if you wish.

Enjoy your mapping :)

primoJimP
  • The whole shebang is a great offer, though I understand Sue's comments. Perhaps after getting CC3+, you could do a 'deal' with Ralf to get the whole shebang, but have the money you spent on the core program refunded.

I am a Patreon, which gives me everything for the next 8 years - you could look into that as well. Email Ralf, or send him a message and he will give you some options.

BTW, where are you from? Not sure what BR stands for.

• primoprimo Newcomer

Hey Sue - thank you so much. I'll be acquiring the core app for now and will be messing with it for a while - saw some "core app" only made maps and got convinced. If its the same as a CAD software, i'll be super fine.

Hey Quenten, thank you so much! That definitely sounds interesting, and i'll contact Ralf after I get used to the core app to see which options I have. I'm from Brazil (i'm used to say BR because our web register is .br like gov.br and such ?)

Thanks guys! Would love more suggestions down here from everybody else, but i'll be acquiring the core app and'll be joining you guys in the awesome community.

Loopysue[Deleted User]JimP
  • It's a tricky subject to advise upon without really knowing what you'd like to be mapping. For example, if science-fiction is important to you, then Cosmographer will be likely a high-priority add-on; if building new worlds, then Fractal Terrains might be a better choice.

Sue's advice, to take some time for a thorough check-through of all the information on the ProFantasy website before deciding, is very sound.

Buying everything in one go will save you money longer term, but you might end up feeling overwhelmed at suddenly having far too many choices, and little idea what to prioritise from them all. Plus you'll also need to factor-in having sufficient time available to usefully explore whatever items you do eventually purchase beyond the core CC3+ program.

Loopysueprimo