Feedback request! (UPDATE 6) Waterfalls and Statues!!

2»

Comments

• Here is the map complete except for labeling. How would you guys label the map itself. One you have two sets of labels one for wide view and one for small. Also the map is large so how would you export it in sections? Give me some feedback on what I have done and how it looks or changes that need to be made.

Direct Link: https://i.imgur.com/ijSo3Xa.png

Thanks!!!!
  • The expanses of snowless forests amid the ice-caps (?) look weirdly unreal to me, but it is difficult to improve this without quite a bit of extra work - setting up individual tree symbols over the background snowy fill, or using smaller patches of the tree-fill similarly, for example. Of course, I also appreciate there may be reasons why this world's snow cover varies from that of Earth's!
  • I agree about the snowless forest, and that's an issue I've struggled with for a long time. I ended up making my own fill by adding snow to the pine forest. It is not perfect and I continue to experiment, but for now, it works. You are welcome to it, and maybe you can take it and make it better. (If posting altered fills is against the rules please delete! No harm or copyright infringement intended.)
  • That's a good-looking fill sample, Scott. I had some success by adding a scatter of tree symbols over the snowy-landscape fill, with some added snowy hills for a better 3D appearance, but it's hugely time-consuming, and always a struggle to get it to look right due to the lack of snow on the trees.
  • I made some additions to the waterfalls and the statues can I get your opinions? A couple of images above and you can see the original way I was doing the statues and I didn't care for the look overall. I wanted them to look more grand and imposing. Give me some feedback!

Thanks!!

Direct Link: https://i.imgur.com/RQ9grUO.png
  • 22 days later
  • I really like the crevasses in the broken field in the north. How did you do this? They don't seem to be all the same few symbols of the Weilink style, but they fit in seamlessly. Did you make them or are they a fill?

I
  • They are the default symbols different sizes and rotations of course. All of the crevasses were Herwin symbols.