Crashes since update

2»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2017
    You need to right click the fractalize button and choose path to poly to convert anything you draw to a 'polyline' now the updates are installed. I don't know why that is, but fractalize only works on things if you convert them first - whether that's something you drew with the polygon tool on the right, or a land shape drawn with the land drawing tool on the left.

EDIT: If that doesn't work for you, then its yet another difference between my set up and yours.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2017
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonWhat are the new commands?
    From the readme:
    - GETSHEETL, GETSHEETH, GETSHEETY, GETSHEETX, GETLAYERL, GETLAYERH, GETLAYERY, GETLAYERX analogs of GETEXT*
    - Added ZOOMS to zoom to a sheet name and ZOOML to zoom to a layer name-
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonFracturing still does not work for me.
    Works fine for me with everything I've tested it on. As Sue mention, it doesn't work on all types of entities. It should work fine on any normal line or polygon without the conversion Sue describes though, that is typically only needed for Arcs and Circles.
    How do your problem manifest?
    I drew the hollow poly with the poly drawing tool on the right, and the cobble area with one of the DD3 drawing tools picked at random. I had to convert both to polygons (even though they already are polygons), but after you do that the fractalize tool works fine - as you can see before the screen refreshes here
    Ah well - not everything is ok with my set up then, because I get this if I try to fractalize before converting
    Posted By: LoopysueI had to convert both to polygons
    That's weird, I don't have any issues like that, Fractalize work fine both on new entities I just drew (basic tools or drawing tools), or with old entities in my existing maps. No need to convert any of them.
    I don't mind these little quirks at all. They usually aren't that hard to work out if you think like the machine - for example, if it says its not a polyline you convert it and all is well again.

I know that's not how its supposed to work, but hey - I've crashed GIMP 7 times today, and I still haven't been able to crash CC3+ once with either update 12 or 13.
    Maybe its because this is a Perspectives template rather than a Dungeon, City or Overland one?

Would that make a difference?

I'm a bit tied up at the moment (with all the GIMP problems I've got), or I'd test it myself.
    Posted By: LoopysueMaybe its because this is a Perspectives template rather than a Dungeon, City or Overland one?
    Basic tools are still the same, so shouldn't matter.

But I'd like to see the output of a LIST command on that entity before you convert it.
    Ok. Odd stuff is happening.

I tried again with the same two tools that failed above, and this time they worked without conversion.

I was just about to report that it must have been a system glitch, but then I tried a different drawing tool and had the same error as above.

This is the info for it.
    Info.jpg 203.5K
    Why does a four sided shape have 5 nodes?
    Oh my!

I'm so sorry Lorelei - I only just caught your comment way up the thread.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend!

I hope things are moving in a positive direction...
    I can't replicate the problem, but I noticed that if you click in the "wrong" position, you may hit the map gridlines instead of the entity. The latter ones are grouped entities, and cannot be fractalized, and you get the exact error message you got. Grouped entities tends to have priority, so if you click in a location occupied by both, it will default to the grid instead of the entity.
    I'm pretty sure I hit it in a space on the grid, but you might be right. I must have hit the grid 5 x in a row when I first started playing with the fractalize tool.

Its working now - thanks Remy :)
  • If I left click on fracturing it still crashes. Right clicking brings up the menu Loopysue told me about, but cannot bring up the menu box to tailor the settings.
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIf I left click on fracturing it still crashes. Right clicking brings up the menu Loopysue told me about, but cannot bring up the menu box to tailor the settings.
    Sounds like Update 13 isn't properly installed. What version number does CC3+ report in the about dialog? Did you install any add-ons AFTER installing update 13?
  • edited August 2017
    I just installed update 13 and did not install any other updates.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    You might want to try running it again (as administrator, as usual). I've found that sometimes the Updates may need to be run more than once. For example, sometimes, buttons seem to vanish after an Update, but are restored properly on a second or third pass. It's uncommon, but it does happen. Perhaps a second install could fix the issue for you.