CC-DOS and related stuff

@ProFantasy staff: hope this is ok, otherwise feel free to delete/modify.

EDIT: If you have the below and want to share, please contact Ralf first! (see his post below)

Some years ago I bought CC-DOS 1.2, CC-Pro, CC-Perspectives, City Designer 1.2 and Dungeon Designer 1.2
I have an installation of these that I used some years ago for my CC-DOS on DOSBox post in this forum.
A couple of days ago, I wanted to try doing the installation itself from scratch, and alas, found a not-pleasant situation: the floppies for CC-DOS 1.2 and CC-Pro are busted (ie. can't read the contents).
I'm looking for someone that has a working copy of these 2 (CC-DOS 1.2 and CC-Pro) so they can share the contents with me (the idea is to do so privately; I'll be glad to show proof of purchase, and I don't need Serial Numbers as I have my own).

Additionally, I'm looking for the NewsDisk from that same era; these were available for download from profantay's website at no cost, so I think it's ok if someone shares them here.
http://web.archive.org/web/19980116083755/http://www.profantasy.com/newsdisk.htm
Download Newsdisk Issue 1 ZIP file - 1,217,475 bytes - newsdisk.zip
Download Newsdisk Issue 2 ZIP file - 1,406,856 bytes - news2.zip
Download Newsdisk Issue 3 ZIP file - 1,408,174 bytes - nd3.zip
Also looking for the utilities listed here:
http://web.archive.org/web/19980116083737/http://www.profantasy.com/utils.htm

Finally, I'm looking for CC-Fonts and Font Maker; if anyone has a copy they're willing to sell, please get in contact with me.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Why don't you just buy CC3+?
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    Did you even read my post?
    Anyway, in regards to your question: I own CC3+, as well as almost every other CC product (need to catch up with the annuals).
    This is about experiencing CC-DOS as it was back then, as well as getting a backup of the disks I failed to backup.
  • Yes I DID read your post - nowhere did you mention you had any other Profantasy products. Try not to be so offensive next time.
  • RalfRalf 🖼️ 16 images Surveyor Administrator, ProFantasy
    To anyone: If you are reading this and want to share the listed materials, please notify us first. While we are more than happy to help and facilitate access to the disks, sharing the installation material privately without our express permission is against the licensing agreements.
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    Thank you Ralf; I've added a note in the first post.
  • 6 days later
  • I have all these (well, not Perspectives) but alas - not with me. They're all in storage about 500 miles away. Which continues to annoy me, as I'd love to break out the old CC-DOS stuff again! And to rekindle my love affair with the original CC-DOS manual, which is one of the best-written software manuals I've ever read.
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    If you ever get to them and have the chance (and if no one else helped by then), I remain interested in getting these :)
  • 16 days later
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    Bump :)
  • 1 year later
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Traveler Administrator, ProFantasy
    There isn't an easy way for us to access these files, and we'd like to have copies of these for our records, too, so if anyone has them, we'd be grateful.
  • Sigh... I'd love to help, but I looked and can't find mine. They must have been tossed out in one of my downsizing phases. I only have disks back to cc2/dd2 : (
  • suntzusuntzu Traveler Betatester
    edited May 2018
    offers on a postcard Simon , image deleted as it shows a serial number but if your interested in it for your records Simon let me know

Rob
  • Uh, even though it's really old, you might want to remove that image since it has a serial number shown on it. Ralf or Simon would be the ones though to let you know if it matters at this point in time.
    Deleted image
  • MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 43 images Mapmaker Administrator
    Out of curiosity, what is on that NewsDisk? This is the very first time I've even seen a picture of one.
    Monsen I will have to install it and find out now where did I put that usb floppy drive

Rob
    This may lead to a retro project only issue is the screen will be really small on a 27”iMac running a 4K screen
    edited May 2018
    Posted By: suntzuthe screen will be really small on a 27”iMac running a 4K screen
    Well, at least it is a 27". I have a 4K screen on the 15.6" laptop I am on right now. I usually use external monitors though. IMHO putting such a 4K screen on a laptop is a horrible idea and a complete waste.

I love playing with this old stuff. You may remember I created a map in CC-DOS for the anniversary of the Community Atlas Project. It was quite fun.
    A shame I didn't have the software back in the old days, I remember looking wishfully at all those ads in Dragon Magazine, but my computer at that time was an Amiga that couldn't run the software, and I didn't really have the money for it either.
  • Wowsers. I have several Amiga computers. Only the A3000 stil works, and maybe my A1000 still does to. But I would need to find the keyboard.

I didn't have the spare money for the CC-DOS either. My parents had a ms-dos machine.
    well all the disks worked and managed to configure dos to get enough conventional and ems memory.... remember those days , anyway here is a screenshot for nostalgia
    Monsen the newsdisk contained some specific video drivers and some adverts of the then new city designer and perspectives for the cc dos version
  • LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 10 images Mapmaker ProFantasy
    I remember Windows 3.11.

Sigh...

Where did it all go so wrong MS?
    windows 95 which came on cd but would not boot from cd , you needed a working cd drive to make a boot floppy disk
    Posted By: suntzuperspectives for the cc dos version
    I love the fact that Perspectives was one of the add-ons from the beginning. The perspective view looks a bit weird in that version though, but still, it was damn cool for it's day.
  • Nice! Thanks for sharing. Can you believe you had 16 whole colors to work with? *G*
  • ScottAScottA Traveler
    If that could be somehow updated it would make a fun annual -- sort of a retro 80s-style thing. Brings back memories of my own first computer and of the video games of the day, all pixely and clunky, but still full of charm.
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    Would definitely love a retro annual or two with CC-DOS style!
    edited May 2018
    You don't really need an annual though, all the old symbols and stuff are still in CC3+ today.
  • ScottAScottA Traveler
    Oh, is it? Guess I need to dig a little deeper. Will admit that I haven't even scratched the surface of all the Annuals.
  • Posted By: LordEntrailsNice! Thanks for sharing. Can you believe you had 16 whole colors to work with? *G*
    And those numbered sixteen colors are still the same in CC3+.

I love old software. In fact, I recently bought all of the 1980's/1990's Ultima and Forgotton Realms games from GOG.com. Thanks for sharing this suntzu.
  • Posted By: ShessarI love old software. In fact, I recently bought all of the 1980's/1990's Ultima and Forgotton Realms games from GOG.com.
    I bought that set when they came out. So awesome.

If you like those, you might also like Legend of Grimrock, I and II. They both have an associated map-making program.