Return of the CSUAC!

Comments

• Okay, I see what I did wrong. Thanks for the help. :)
  • 3 months later
  • edited October 2013
    Hello,

First of all, thanks for this post.
    I'm pretty new to CC3 (I bought it a couple of weeks ago) but I'm already producing some interesting stuff for my campaign... That said, I installed the CSUAC symbols. The only problem is that CC3 shows an empty toolbar when I activate it. Reloading CC3 doesn't help. The menu file is in CC3's root directory and every zip file has been uncompressed in the right directory... any tips?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, solved. It was a problem of directory permissions.
  • Hi, I'm pretty new to the forums. I ljust downloaded all the files and followed the directions but I'm having an issue. I was able to put everything where it needed to be and also set the toolbar but when I click on one of the buttons I get "Error loading file!" Anyone have this issue and know a fix? Thanks ahead of time for the help.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2013
    The error loading file means that it cannot find the popup menu file (the .mnc file). Make sure they are in the right place. A very common mistake is to end up with everything inside a directory with the same name as the zip file (many unzippers will create such a directory by default), when such a directory should not be there.
  • I figured it out. Thank you for the help. That's exactly what the issue was.
  • 5 months later
  • Is the port to CC3 complete?
  • 1 month later
  • Thank you so much for setting this up. I have a question about "Working with the CSUAC Fills Part 2", above. Is there a way to make the fill styles always available, or do they need to be imported for each new map?
    Fill styles are always defined on a per-map basis, but you can edit the template file (Just open it up as you would any other map) and make the fill style available there. Then, all maps which you later create from this template will already have the fill styles defined (Note that this will not affect existing maps based on that template)
  • 5 months later
  • Okay, so I had to get a new computer and I've reinstalled all of the files for CC3 and all add-ons and then added the CSUAC files according to the instructions, but I have no menu appearing. All of the files are where they're supposed to be and my FCW32.imn file has the following before I added the CSUAC items:

&Lights:
    Add Light:|ADDLIGHT;
    Show light symbols:|LIGHTSHOW;
    Hide light symbols:|LIGHTHIDE;
    Edit All Lights:|LIGHTS;
  • Did you remember to turn the menu on by clicking the screen tools button (Hammer icon at the bottom of the screen) and turn on "Custom icon bar 3?
    Have you tried just restarting CC3?
    Have you tried clicking one of the CC3, DD3, or CD3 add on buttons?
    Have you tried restarting your system?

If none of these get it working, let me know and 'll try to track down why.
  • It's finally working, but I had done all of the things you suggested before asking. For some reason it was delayed in showing up. Thanks for the help.
  • 2 months later
  • OMG.
    Stupid me!
    I have overwritten my fcw32.imn file as I installed the CSUAC and thus have deleted all the needed data from all my previous installations.
    Annual 2007
    Annual 2008
    City Designer 3
    Cosmographer 3
    Dungeon Designer 3
    Source Maps: Castles!
    Source Maps: Cities!
    Source Maps: Temples, Tombs...!
    Symbol Set 1 v3 - Overland
    Symbol Set 2 v3 - Floorplans

How do I get those back ?
    Do I need to completly reinstall it all ???
  • You might want to contact tech support for that problem via Profantasy's web site.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    edited January 2015
    A few thing you can try and do.

1.) Reinstall the latest CC3 Update and see if that fixes it. (Note: When you rerun it it will uninstall first and you run it again to install it.

2.) See if someone has the same products you have installed and can post or email you the fcw32.imn file they have. Profantasy's tech support may also be able to help you with this.

My CC3 instillation has a bunch of products you don't have listed so I'm not sure if my fcw32.imn file will be of much help to you. I've attached a copy of my fcw32.imn it if you think it will help.

3.) Reinstall CC3 and all the products you listed. Make sure you do the repair/reinstall in correct order and install the latest update.

Always make a backup your fcw32.imn and any other files in your CC3 instillation before you replace it or modify it.

A few Annuals require you to modify files or replace some and that can cause problems with other commands, styles, etc. So you may find you have to switch out different files in your CC3 instillation depending on what you are doing
  • Thanks a lot for the help.
    Don't know how I could have been so....
  • 2 months later
  • Greetings!

I have just purchased, installed and started playing with CC3. From the tutorials, I was made aware of CSUAC. I've followed the instructions, managed to get everything upzipped and the men bar functioning. Unfortunately, all of the images are red "X"'s. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, but I suspect the files did not unzip in the correct file hierarchy. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Tracey
  • RedXs means the path is incorrect.
  • I cant get it to work in cc3plus on windows 8
    I get the BIG RED X and can not figure out where I went wrong??
    I have figured out that the files go in programdata\profantasy\cc3plus
    I have place them where they go in cc3 but that didn't work?
    HELP.......
  • I've encountered the same problem, but it's only with the Oriental buildings files. For some reason everything else installed properly.
  • The red X's don't have anything to do tith the CSUAC textures and symbols as such. What that means is that the symbols in your saved file are in a different location on the hard drive and the file can't find them. Did you create the file in CC3 or CC3+?
  • Are the red X's symbols that you've used from the CSUAC when you created the map? Have you changed the location of the CSUAC files or changed the install location of CC3+ from the default?
  • I have just added the Instructions for installing the CSUAC into CC3+. Please direct all CC3+ questions to THIS THREAD so that related topics are all in one place. :)
  • 2 months later
  • edited May 2015
    Hi!
    I just installed the CSUAC into CC3 following the steps in this thread.
    Most of the symbols are displayed correctly but some of the creatures have the red x.
    It seems like paths are wrong even if I follow the guide to the word.
    When I inspect the symbol catalogues I find the following:
    CSUAC/CC3_CSUAC_Creatures/Arachnids.FSC looks for the images in
    #Symbols\CSUAC\BL1_FM8 Creature\...
    whereas
    CSUAC/CC3_CSUAC_Creatures/Body Parts.FSC looks for the images in
    #Symbols\CSUAC\BL1_CC3_Creatures\Art Files\...
    but a folder BL1_CC3_Creatures does not exist!

There only is CC3_CSUAC_Creatures which comes from CSUAC_for_CC3_v3.zip and
    BL1_FM8 Creature coming from BL1_FM8.zip

something got messed up here, any idea?

edit:
    I just found another version of csuac which i downloaded years ago but never installed. There I have a file BL1_CC3_Creatures.zip which seems to have both symbol catalogue and bitmaps in just one folder... I am lost!
  • edited May 2015
    I'm a bit confused. You said some of the creatures are showing red x's, which means the path is wrong. It sounds like you have some of the old CSUAC setup version mixed in with the this one.

Which creatures specifically are wrong?

Your creature folder should look like this:
  • Ok, so it seems like i copied CSUAC_for_CC3_v3.zip over some folders that were allready there from the older version. And that version had a lot more .fsc files in there. Does that mean the new csuac version does have less symbols? Or are the symbol catalogues just grouped differently?
  • The number of symbols is the same. It is just the setup that is different.

I set up the older version to be ready for an expansion that Cecil was planning. That expansion never happened.
  • 4 months later
  • I did everything as stated. my only problem is:
    When i try to import, my box looks like this. i am only able to import one at a time, not select the whole folder to import. Am i doing something wrong? i have CC3
    set.jpg 62.4K
    Looks like an old version of the dialog. Make sure you are up to date with the CC3 updates. Currently latest version of CC3 is 3.43 (Help -> About)
  • 4 months later
  • edited March 2016
    Hi all, I'm having trouble with my CSUAC. I've installed everything per the instructions in this thread.

My symbol menu structure matches Shessar's as quoted below.
    Posted By: ShessarI'm a bit confused. You said some of the creatures are showing red x's, which means the path is wrong. It sounds like you have some of the old CSUAC setup version mixed in with the this one.

Which creatures specifically are wrong?

Your creature folder should look like this:
      My menu button shows up with the list of choices, but like in the CC3+ thread, all I get is white boxes. I tried copying that fcw32.imn file over and it gave the Error Loading message. I copied the one from this thread back and the menus work perfectly again. I just get white boxes.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Pro, all of my drivers and programs are up-to-date (just did a fresh format and update sequence this weekend), and I've pulled the most recent updates to CC3 (Update 11, I think it was) from PF's website.

Any thoughts as to what I might be missing?

EDIT: Well, the most important part of that quoted post - the file structure image - didn't quote, but it's the one directly above with the symbol directory.