Quoting an Old Post in a New Discussion

I would like to start a new discussion by quoting a post in an old one. Is this possible and if so, how?

Best Answer

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

You can copy the relevant text and paste it into your new thread, then click the syntax mark to the left of the pasted paragraphs and set the style to be a quote.

Like this

Don't forget to add credit to the person who wrote it.

Or you could just hyperlink to the comment:

Go to the comment you want to quote, right click the time stamp under the name of the person who made it and copy the link. You can then paste it into your new comment and hit return. Providing the quoted comment isn't a mile long it should appear in a box.

Kertis HendersonEdE

Answers

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 40 images Cartographer
    Accepted Answer

You can copy the relevant text and paste it into your new thread, then click the syntax mark to the left of the pasted paragraphs and set the style to be a quote.

Like this

Don't forget to add credit to the person who wrote it.

Or you could just hyperlink to the comment:

Go to the comment you want to quote, right click the time stamp under the name of the person who made it and copy the link. You can then paste it into your new comment and hit return. Providing the quoted comment isn't a mile long it should appear in a box.

Kertis HendersonEdE
  • I want to try this!

Loopysue: 30 minute shout :)

That worked. I never noticed that on the left. Thanks!

LoopysueRoyal Scribe
  • DaltonSpenceDaltonSpence Mapmaker
    edited June 24
    I quoted the post then cut and pasted the quote into new discussion. Thanks for the help.