Can you copy lines from another FCW without copying fills?

I am planning to recreate my Greco-Roman temple in the Dungeons of Schley style. The original was created in the Marine Dungeons style, will extra fills and symbols brought in from Creepy Crypts, Forest Trail, and a variety of other annuals.

When I created it originally, I drew in drawing guides on a temporary layer (I'm including the FCW below, if it helps). These are just solid lines of color, no fills. I would like to copy those drawing guides into my new Dungeons of Schley-style FCW file without also bringing in all of the mishmash of fills from my original file. The problem is that with all of those extra fills, it would be too easy for me to inadvertently use an incompatible fill style. And from various other threads on the forum, I gather that you cannot purge unused fills the way you can purge unused symbols.

So, questions:

1. Can you copy over tracing/drawing guides from another file without bringing it all of the fills from the original FCW file?
  2. Or is there a new command to purge unused fills once they've been brought in?
  3. Or is there a mathematical way for me to exactly recreate my drawing lines by entering things like line width, starting and end points, etc.?

I guess another alternative would be to hide every sheet in the original file except the drawing guides, save that as a JPG, and then bring that into the new file on a temporary sheet. But that sound like a lot of work to get it to line up to my grid properly.

Comments