disappearing symbols

This has me baffled. I put symbols on my map, save the map using SAVE command, move the focus of the map up / down / zoom in / zoom out and the symbols have vanished. I have repeated the process by moving the focus (the bit of the map that I want to work on next) with the scroll bars as well and the same thing happens. I don't know what is going on.

Attaching .fcw

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

I can't open your map right now, but check your sheet order. The behavior you describe is exactly what happens when the symbols go to a sheet that is hidden by something else, for example a landmass.

For performance reasons, when you place symbols, they will always appear on top of everything else, but once you change the view in any way, the view is recalculated, and everything goes into the correct position based on sheet order. The fact that the symbols disappear means that they are on a sheet behind something.

Loopysue
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited March 2023

Your land is on your LAKES sheet instead of being on the LAND sheet, and is therefore on top of your symbols as Remy described.

• Huh?? I hadn't gone out to put land anywhere but the Land sheet! I rely on the software to do that for me. Clearly I must take a little more attention. Thanks guys