marble tile floor textures available?

I'm looking for a marble tile floor texture with alternating black & white tiles.

Does that exist in any of the add on packages, or is it best to find a texture online?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer

There's a brown and cream tiled floor in DD3 if that will do? There may also be a better fill in Bogies Mapping Objects, but I haven't got them installed at the moment to be able to see. This and other free sets are available through links on this page: Free Symbols & Artwork — ProFantasy Community Forum

I think the reason high contrast floors are generally not favoured is it makes objects in the room a little harder to see against such a loud background.

There's no harm in using free online seamless tiles if the map is for personal use only, but if you intend to publish your map do remember to check usage rights. If none are specified it is safest to err on the side of caution.

Robert Feyerharm
  • edited December 2022

"Horror House" from the 2016 Annual has a black and white checkerboard-tiled floor texture.

It's a monochrome style, but the texture might work with colour styles.

Robert Feyerharm
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    edited December 2022

DD3 Color A and Ice Caverns (2022) share the same black and gray tiles that you could adjusted in sheets to be black and white.

There is one other annual that also shares the same gray and black tile but can’t remember which one. I would have to look it up.

Robert Feyerharm
  • Thanks guys! Yes this gives me something to work with.

Although I noticed with the DD3 brown & cream tile floor that I can't reorient the tiles, say to line up with a diagonal corridor.

I can rotate the floor object but the orientation of the tiles "inside" the object outline remains the same.

Is there a way to rotate the tiles themselves?

The DD3 tiles are great but when I scale them up the resolution gets a little fuzzy, so may have to look at other textures.

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor

Right click on the polygon tool and select one of the shaded polygon shade angles and see if this helps. Just follow the prompts. Start with angle by edge.