Installation Woes CC3+ / CoS3

I purchased Cosmographer, and installed the package earlier today. When I then run CC3+ and click on any of the brush symbols I get the error message that the program can't find the related brush.

Error message reads:

"No matching draw tool found for "Deck, Default"

There is no draw tool matching your selection in the current draw tool style."

Same message for Hull, Deck Plan, Engineering, and Bulkheads.

I have uninstalled CC3+ completely, reinstalled it, and that is still not working.

And now after REinstalling I get the NEW error message

"Error reading general setting file: C:\Program Files (x86)\...\CC3 Plus\SYSTEM\CC2PER-General.opt"

"Error reading general setting file: C:\Program Files (x86)\...\CC3 Plus\SYSTEM\CC2PER-Houses.opt"

"Error reading general setting file: C:\Program Files (x86)\...\CC3 Plus\SYSTEM\CC2PER-Colors.opt"

Which is odd because THAT folder does not even have a "system" folder. That's in C:\ProgramData.

This happened after a SECOND reinstallation now as well.

CC3+ starts after clicking those away. I just think I'm missing some legacy files there somehow?

Also Cosmographer isn't working.

Any help would be much appreciated...

Comments

• kalt_nullkalt_null Traveler

OK so reinstalling it another time got rid of the popup warnings - I also manually deleted all the Profantasy folders that lingered.

Now this reinstall is behaving oddly in its own right. I did have the whole shebang, City Designer 3, Dungeon Designer 3, and a couple of others. Even though I uninstalled everything AND deleted the ProFantasy folders, I still get the menu options for DD3 and CD3 - but the brushes aren't there. Let's see what happens if I install CD3 and DD3 again...

Installing Cosmographer still yields the same result...

• Did you install the most recent patch ?

edited July 2022

I did for the first installation.

Might have been that I installed it in the wrong order. You know, how the documentation says FIRST install all add ons, THEN install the patch, I'm not sure. But I eventually did have the patch installed.

Now after uninstalling / deleting everything I could find, reinstalling CC3+ and then installing Cosmographer, it still gives me the error message - at least BEFORE installing the patch. I would want to install all the other add-ons I have before patching.

• I suggest contacting Tech Support on your Registration page when you log into Profantasy's website.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Note that the most common reason for getting the "No matching draw tool" is when you try to access the tools without having started a map of the correct type, it is usually not caused by anything wrong with the installation, and reinstalling isn't really going to change anything.

The reason it works like this is because CC3+ gave a lot of different art styles for most map types, and those buttons need to load the tools in the correct style. So if a map isn't a Cosmographer map, there won't be any Cosmographer tools in that map's style.

Ohhhhh! Now it works! Thanks so much.

Probably a classic noob mistake... Also after a number of re-installs, I got rid of the CC2PER errors... Now to see if the damn thing will hold together if I install all the OTHER add-ons. I bought CC3+ when it was on sale at Humblebundle. And now I have more of a reason to actually get into it...

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer

Forgot to mention, but the CC2PER errors are caused by a file accidentally being copied in that shouldn't be there unless you actually own Perspectives. You can fix it by following the instructions here: https://forum.profantasy.com/discussion/9473

I do own Perspectives, but at the time I got those errors, it wasn't (re-)installed.

I got through the whole installation process now, and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks again!

Now on to ALL the tutorials...

JimP