NAN,NAN Problem

I'm having problem with putting anything on my map. All I get is NAN,NAN. I can mouse across the map area but as soon as I approach with a symbol or wall the pointer snaps to the lowest left corner.

How can I sort this out? I'm loath to just making another map with the same name because it’s the lower level in Cosm and I've had huge problems with snaps on single levels, ironicaly, as well as multiple layers crashing in Cosm without anything on either level. I also don’t know how to hperlink files.

Best Answers

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer

Here is a fixed version of the file. I've set it up with a 50' grid with 5 snaps.

Here's the exact steps to set up a reasonable grid:

1. Right click the Snap button in the lower left.
    2. Hit the New button in the dialog to define a new grid
    3. Select 2d Rectangular as the grid type and hit continue
    4. You can name the new setting whatever you want, but it is best that it follows the actual settings, so I named mine "50, 5 snap". I then set the snap divisions to 5, and the X and Y spacing both to 50. What this ends up doing is making a snap grid that has a visible dot every 50 map units (feet), but it snaps every 10 feet. If you feel the the snaps are too fine grained, try setting the snap divisions to 2 instead, and if you have too few snap points, try with 10 for snap divisions.
    5. Click ok, and then back in the select grid system dialog, scroll down and click on your newly created grid to select it, and then hit ok. This will make your new grid the active one. Save the map.

JimP[Deleted User]Loopysue
  • Accepted Answer

thanks Remy,, I did follow your instructions for setting up Deck 1's grid but I'm sure Deckplans hates me using anything other than the template which doesn’t ask about multiple decks.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer

@HelenAA You'll probably want to grab the updated Cosmographer templates Ralf posted. Won't do anything to existing maps, but new ones from them shouldn't have this problem.

Answers