Wyvern
Last Active
Roles
Rank
Mapmaker
Badges

Latest Images

• WIP Ruins of Charn

I'm with Sue, in not seeing there's anything so very wrong with it overall.

Maybe a shadow effect under/near the table would help, and possibly separating each of the chairs/thrones a little. Less sure about this second point.

The bell does look a bit odd, so that might benefit from a minor rethink, and repurposing some symbols to help. A quick skim through the Perspectives 3 Bitmap B options suggests one of those open stone doorways (called "Doorway" in the Wall Features symbol catalogue) scaled-down, could work for the stand, and as a bell, maybe try one of the "Dish covered" symbols from the Bitmap B Furniture catalogue, though you might need to tweak the scaling a little, using slightly different X and Y scales to make it a little more vertically elongated.

You could then draw a suitable little line as the support rod for the bell (or probably two short lines, so it looks as if the support rod passes though the loop on top of the "bell". You could though perhaps resize and repurpose the "Quarterstaff" from the Weapons catalogue similarly for this instead. For the hammer, maybe try the "Maul" from the same Weapons catalogue.

ADDED EDIT: You might also think of using an alternative stone base for the bell instead of the table - perhaps the Bitmap B "Altar Nature", the "Altar Simple", one of the stone "Pillar Base" options, or perhaps that "Pedestal sm", all from the Temple and Statues catalogue.

Don Anderson Jr.
  • [WIP] Sea Elves Outpost

Glad to be able to kelp a little 😊!

I'm not averse to hydrothermal vents myself, of course, if on a larger scale of mapping (so far).

Royal Scribe
  • Community Atlas: Map for the Duin Elisyr area, Doriant

So at last, everything's ready, and has now been submitted to the Atlas. This is the final version of the Evth Pass map (higher res version in my Gallery):

Quite a journey from those three rolled dice that began it all!

Next time, the deities of randomness seem to be dictating a return to Peredur, in its northeastern part, somewhere in the Godtagel area, apparently...

LoopysueRoyal ScribeQuentenDon Anderson Jr.Ricko Hasche
  • Seven Pines Lodge (keep it simple stupid)

Nothing to do with this topic, but I did just want to say very well done to C.C. Charron for creating the new Ancient Cities mapping style that's just been released by ProFantasy as June's Annual issue! Based on the "Sumerian Kinda" Forum posting here, of course!

Royal ScribeDon Anderson Jr.
  • Community Atlas WIP - Panaur region of Doriant

Don't forget that aside from adding more character to the coastline, you can also add smaller islands there in places to help break up that "smoothness" aspect, much as other features too small to have been added on the original larger-area map can be added inland. What's shown as a peninsula on a large scale, might be really an island with a tidal causeway headland instead when you start looking closer, say!

I'd definitely recommend using your Atlas mapping to experiment with different styles; it's what I've been trying to do for some years now! It does indeed push you into thinking in different ways about mapping, and trying out new things in terms of how to use the program.

Don Anderson Jr.roflo1