Show me your science fiction maps!

I’ve been banging out star system maps to fill out a bunch of locations for a Wargaming Campaign. So far I’ve got my cluster level map, and a couple individual system maps with more on the way.

this project has really led me to appreciate the vast number of different styles out there for mapping star systems. So I wanted to come on here and start a thread where everyone can just share the scifi maps they have been working on. Both to gather inspiration for my own maps and for others to learn new tips and tricks.

MonsenLoopysueRoyal ScribeRicko HascheCalibreWyvernroflo1

Comments

• Kertis HendersonKertis Henderson Surveyor
    edited April 9

I have been working on an XP command to generate a system map for my conversion of Buck Rogers XXVc to D20. It's coming along, but it's not complete. The game relies on dates so that distances between bodies changes, and thus so do trade and politics. I'll share this once it's finished.

I know you weren't asking for surface maps, but I do have a remake of a spaceport from that game. (I just noticed a few mistakes, so sharing this might be a good thing.)

LoopysueRoyal ScribeMonsenRicko HascheWyvernroflo1
  • edited April 9

Totally not what you're doing, but i do love a good sci-fi map. I've done my homebrew world's galaxy and a few randoms just for funsies, also a refinery I did as a commission 5 or so years ago for a sci-fi RPG podcast called Misfits of Space, a few sci-fi-themed maps from my All the Annuals installment in the ProFantasy Blog. I've got a really neat one coming up in a future installment, so keep on the lookout for when Ralf publishes that issue on the blog and FB page, you can grab the .fcw files for those to play around with or highjack for your own gaming needs

😁

MonsenRoyal ScribeLoopysueKertis HendersonQuentenWyvernRicko Hascheroflo1Glitch
  • edited April 10

Not sci-fi, since they were all done for the Nibirum Community Atlas, which is all fantasy mapping, but they were done in the general style of planetary-system mapping, so may still be of interest. However, I did a series of maps for said Atlas back in 2018 - Forum thread here, Nibirum Solar System start page here, with a sample map to give you an idea, just for the inner planets:

All these maps are also in my Forum Gallery here.

LoopysueRoyal ScribeLoreleiroflo1
  • This is so impressive! I'm going to have to dust off Cosmographer. My campaign world has three moons, and one of the religions is heavily influenced by astrology, with the gods represented as constellations. I did a rudimentary mockup in PowerPoint, of all things, but this gives me a lot of ideas for how to use ProFantasy software to do a much more sophisticated version.

roflo1
  • 11 days later
  • Wow guys. These maps are all amazing. Thanks so much for sharing them. I’ll probably be putting together a new system map soon. We will see if I am able to refine my technique at all.