November 2023 Humble Bundle collection

I see that a new Humble Bundle feature ProFantasy software as well as a collection of maps has posted. In the past, folks had posted the list of assets and which Annuals they came from here in the forum. I'm hoping that is possible again. Thank you in advance!

roflo1

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited November 2023

It's more a collection of maps this time, AEIOU, along with the core app - naturally. All the CC maps are provided in hi res png format alongside the FCW file where it is available.

Not all of the maps are CC. I helped to process a very small section of the collection and saw some really beautiful hand drawn/painted maps by Alyssa Faden among others.

The CC maps have been rendered both with and without labels/grids.

roflo1
  • Thanks for the comment. Just to be clear, are you saying that, other than the core app, this is all material that would not have been previously included in the Annuals and other products?

I really can't answer that definitively, pconophy, since I only saw 4 folders of just one set.

JimP
  • I just got the Humble Bundle. Is there are preferential place to put all the zip files?

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

No, that is entirely up to you. They don't need to be in any specific place relative to your CC3+ folder.

• I understand that Loopsue cannot answer my question, but I am hoping that someone can. Regarding this new Humble Bundle, can someone please comment on the following:

If I have previously purchased all of the Annuals and expansions, will I find that most or all (apart from the core app) is new in this bundle? It is difficult to answer this for myself because I cannot see details in the Humble Bundle to match against what I already own.

• Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor

There maybe some non Profantasy stuff in the bundle but if you have all the current Profantasy stuff then there is no new content in the bundle. The past ones were just repackaged Monthly Annuals into different bundles within the larger bundle.

• AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer

Thanks, Loopysue. The maps are well worth the price for their inspiration. No repackaging of previous Annual material this time is helpful to know.

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker

AEIOU is correct, these are not re-packaged Annuals. Most of the material has not been published by Profantasy before, though you may have seen the occasional map here and on the Profantasy blog. But IT IS finished maps only, no new styles or symbol sets.

LoopysueJimPfintach
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler

There is some duplicated content, and this is a breakdown:

Campaign Cartographer 3+ (and the Random Dungeon Generator). The RDG is available as a free download to existing CC3+ customers.

The Encompass maps were previously published on DriveThruRPG (they are the ones with the brown covers in the HB.) This was a series of detailed maps with supporting material published under a different imprint. Three of them had previously been published by ProFantasy as CC3+ files. They are included in the Bundle as is.

37 maps by the excellent Christina Trani were published in the All the Annuals series on the ProFantasy blog as CC3+ files and low resolution pngs. The versions in the Humble Bundle are much higher resolution and available in labelled and unlabelled format.

109 maps were from Pelgrane Press's 13th Age Battle Scenes products, available as PDFs.Two of these were included in the December 2015 Annual. The Bundle includes them all as high resolution unlabelled pngs.

Five maps published in the 13th Age adventure Shadows of Eldolan published by Pelgrane Press. The HB includes the CC3+ files.

Eight maps were from Pelgrane Press's Ashen Stars RPG. One of these was also published as a Cartographer's Annual. The HB versions include all the CC3+ maps as well as high resolution PDFs.

83 of the maps were published on DriveThruRPG by the brilliant cartographer, Alyssa Faden.

The remainder are either newly commissioned maps, or else maps which are enhanced versions of maps published online by CC3+ users.

LoopysueMonsenQuentenMaidhc O CasainJulianDracosroflo1JimPGlitchAEIOUWeathermanSwedenand 1 other.
  • Thanks very much for the clarification and the excellent breakdown!

• I purchased the complete bundle but I am not sure where to unzip the non-core files to. I have installed the main file already.

I think Ralf said it was up to you a bit earlier in the thread. It's quite a large amount of data, so you could put it conveniently on a separate drive if you have one.

• Thank you for your help. But don't the files to be recognized by the program need to be in particular folders? There are several what look to be modules in the bundle in addition to maps.

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2023

No. That is only required when adding additional resources to the program. But this is a map bundle, and you can keep your map files wherever you want.

Note that the bundle do contain maps in many different styles, not all of which you will have access to with just the basic program, so you will see red X's when opening these .fcw files in CC3+, but that isn't an installation issue, just that it was made with resources you don't have. For these maps, the bundle still contains the pre-rendered export as high resolution image files so that you will be able to use them all.

JimPLoopysue
  • Thank you everyone for your assistance.

JimPLoopysue