New user questions

2»

Comments

• Thanks Ralf that seems to work
  • Please Please help! I`m trying to map this certain region of an online game named Evony. It's region Lombardy. I've provided an image of a rudimentary map of the game world.

I've been trying to create a map that starts at the coordinates of the region, so I can plot my alliance's cities, and cities of the enemies, etc. Is there a way to set the coordinates on the grid to match those of the region?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    When you label the grid, you can set the starting x and y value. This will allow your grid to have any values you need. CC3 counts from the bottom left though, so starting you coordinates in the top left is a bad idea.

You can also use the "View -> Move Origin" command to place the 0,0 point away from your map, so that the position of objects (as shown in the status bar for the cursor, and for objects by using the "List" command) is at the correct coordinates
  • Would anyone be able to set that up for me and attach the file? I would be most grateful.

I`m going to have to do a ton of learning to use this program. But the visual style perfectly matches what I want to accomplish.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Here is an example.
    Because you start your coordinates in the top left instead of the bottom left (which is normal when you deal with coordinate systems), I had to use negative numbers for the y-axis (both coordinates and grid numbers). Also note that to avoid crowding the grid, I use one cell per 10 drawing units. Since CC3 can't add 10 to each number when drawing, the grid numbers represent the first two digits of your coordinates.

Also note that I set the map to use 200x200 drawing units (which on an overland map translates to 200x200 miles by default). You should set up a map yourself which represents your needs.
    x.FCW 18.1K