Lindon

Map of the elven land of lindon based on the MERP map
QuentenRaikoLoopysue

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue 🖼️ 9 images Mapmaker ProFantasy
    Beautifully drawn :)

It must have taken you many hours to do this.
  • MonsenMonsen 🖼️ 12 images Mapmaker Administrator
    Nice work. This looks great.
  • Wow, that looks so much like a MERP map! (Which is a compliment; I've always liked the style.)
  • Brilliant
  • RalfRalf Surveyor Administrator, ProFantasy
    Wow, very nice!
  • 1 month later
  • great job, is it possible to have this high definition map? many thanks!!!
  • have you made other maps based on the MERP map ? can i see them?
  • you can find some of my other maps on here.

ive created this link so you can download larger versions

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKT8JyoeZCkh9Bn3Bl_6FJd-4zBnw?e=vbg5A2
  • 14 days later
  • Nicely done. Seems to be a large map.
  • 1 month later
  • CalibreCalibre Traveler

Once again, awesome maps of Endor. I can imagine the time and effort. May I suggest an online Sindarin or Quenya translator? Some of those region names are not quite correct. For example:

Dor Maglor should be (and this is the best we can get) Dór -o Maglor

LoTR Sindarin, probably Dór i(n) Maglor

Or, if you prefer Quenya (since he was a Noldo heh): Nór -o Maglor or Macalaurë (if you want his Quenya name)

Anyway, really nice work. I couldn't get anything to show on the larger version link.

thanks

Cal

• i use whatever resource i can find. including anyone willing to provide better/more accurate tranlsations☺️

• CalibreCalibre Traveler

You're quite welcome. The artwork is just awesome. I wish I had access to your drawing tools heh. Those, alone, must've taken hours to build.

If it were me, I'd go with Dor in Maglor, though I believe that to be incorrect. If we take 'ost in edhil' (LotR Sindarin for Tower of the Elves) then 'in' would be wrong. It should be Dor i Maglor---Land of Maglor, not : of the Maglor. But phonetically, I like 'in' better heh heh heh. To each, his/her own. Professional Tolkien language scholars (like David Salo or that Norwegian guy) would take issue with any of my ramblings, anyway heh heh heh.

Anyway, your artwork is astonishingly awesome. If you have a site where I can view them all, would appreciate it.

thanks

Cal