Available System Memory:- CC3+

Hi guys,

I am working on putting together an RPG campaign for my brother and some friends. I am designing everything from the ground up and am currently trying to create a mine map that crashes the program constantly when I try to edit the walls I have created. The issue comes when I try to correct corners that were too acute in the first instance and created weird additional artifacts radiating out from the corners.

I have had the programs for a couple of years and have been teaching myself through the Tome of Ultimate Mapping but have hit a wall here. (Sorry for the unintentional pun).

I am wondering if the path I am trying to create, to repair the walls, is too large when I then attempt to Path to Poly or perhaps there is a break somewhere and I need to first fix it before I select Path to Poly and that my actions are causing the software to crash.

Is this a memory issue? Can the amount of memory utilised by CC3+ be increased?

On the note of repairing breaks, are there other ways to patch holes in walls to repair them? I have had to correct several points in my wall plan to remove the radiating spikes and there are many breaks to be patched.

I have attached the file and a jpg output of the map as it stands at present.

This is the first area my intrepid adventurers will be working in and I would hate to fail at the first hurdle. I have in the meantime been building points of the campaign beyond this but would like to get back to this map if it can be saved.

As you can see from the attached files, there map is its very early stages of development at present.

Comments