Installing Tome of Ultimate Mapping on Laptop

I have CC3+ installed on my main computer and have decided to re-learn how to use it, and thought if I installed TUM on my laptop I could have the Tome open as I followed the tutorials without having to flick between programs as I would have to do if I put it on the main computer.

But, when I try to install it wants CC3+ installed on the laptop.

Is there a workaround, or can I install CC3+ on the laptop in order to use TUM while having CC3+ installed on the main computer to actually open and use.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    The EULA can be found on this page here: https://www.profantasy.com/service/license.asp

If you read the First paragraph of the Description of Rights and Limitations it would seem that you can install on up to 3 computers at the same address, but I'm not sure what is meant by the concurrent use phrase.

I recommend emailing tech support and asking for clarification of the EULA as it may (or may not) apply to your situation.
  • UKgnomeUKgnome Newcomer
    Thanks for the info, obviously the first place I should have thought of looking :).

Concurrent use normally means you can have it on 3 machines but only use it one machine at a time.

This seems to be OK, as I dont want to use CC3+ on the laptop, it just seems to be needed to install the TUM.

So I guess I am using CC3+ one the computer and TUM on the laptop which seems to me to be OK.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited May 2020
    If I were in your shoes I would still check just to be absolutely sure.

Checking something that wasn't entirely clear with another company once prevented me from making a very costly mistake indeed! (Not Profantasy, but Vue in that case)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The Tome itself is just a PDF document though. You don't need to actually have it installed on your laptop to read it there. The main need to have it installed is to get all the examples and other stuff integrated into your CC3+ install, but that is only needed on the computer you actually are doing the tutorials on. You can download just the pdf file from your Registered Users Page and put it on your laptop.