Floorplans in CD3

Hi friends! I am totally new with CD3 with CC3. In CD3 I am trying to make floorplans for the buildings in my city; but I only get the outline of the buildings and the grid. I can't find any symbols that look like furniture, accessories, walls, etc to complete the floorplan. Is this normal? Should I buy the Symbol Set 2 v3 - Fantasy Floorplans? Thank you for your help!

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Hi Opus1964,

Floorplans are part of DD3. Symbol Set 2 V3 gives you even more symbols and styles to use with DD3.
  • Well, I don't know if it changes anything; but I was referring to City Designer, not Dungeon Designer. Thanks!
  • What Jaerdaph meant:

City Designer is for creating cities and not for creating individual floorplans of houses. So you won't find any furniture symbols.
    If you want to properly create floorplans of houses, you need Dungeon Designer 3. It comes with a lot of symbols for furniture and you can expand on them by purchasing the Fantasy Floorplans symbol set.
  • Thank you Jaerdaph & Gandwarf! :)
  • 10 months later
  • edited April 2010
    Posted By: GandwarfWhat Jaerdaph meant:

City Designer is for creating cities and not for creating individual floorplans of houses. So you won't find any furniture symbols.
    If you want to properly create floorplans of houses, you need Dungeon Designer 3. It comes with a lot of symbols for furniture and you can expand on them by purchasing the Fantasy Floorplans symbol set.
    That's a problem, considering I just purchased CD 3 specifically due to this detail page from the company: http://profantasy.com/products/cd3_detail.asp

Particularly: "Automatically create and link floorplans from your houses."

And nowhere in there does it say it requires DD 3 to get that, which is listed under the paragraph: "In addition to the functionality of CD Pro, CD3 will give you several new features:"
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    You can still make floor plans with just CC3 and without DD3. DD3 just provides more drawing tools to make it a little easier, and more artwork. You can, however, find plenty of free artwork for floor plans online.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    CC3 comes with a basic floorplan style and a small selection of symbols. CD3 can use these to create floorplans for buildings. The catalog is CC3\Symbols\Dungeons\CC3\basic.fsc