Project Spectrum

12345679»

Comments

• You're welcome Sue!

I think we covered some items among the many pages of this topic which haven't been included as yet - spring-blossom trees spring to mind, for instance. But of course I'm never going to be able to find those quickly now, so...

Looking through the symbols so far, maybe some glaciers would be useful - on the lines of snow "dunes", perhaps - to work for the edges of ice-caps, for example, or as free-standing objects in their own right.

Also a cave mouth that could be fitted to a hill or mountain symbol (how else will JimP show where his dungeons are?!).

Something I've found handy elsewhere is a loose plume of smoke, like the geyser or volcano one, but not attached to a ground object, so it can be used for features like a fumarole halfway up a mountain, or a patch of burning/smoking land.

With structures, maybe some more rustic buildings would be useful, possibly as separate entities, or small groups (suitable for hamlets or farms, say, or as a scattered shanty-town outside a more formal settlement). Then a temple or two, and/or a shrine (small temple, or some obviously unusual object, such as a standing stone or more than one) would be good.

A ship or two would add colour to the seas and lakes, and perhaps a sea-monster or dragon or two (so covering sea and land) similarly.

First thoughts only here, and I'm sure there'll be lists longer than anyone would have thought possible from others very soon ;D
  • Desert stuff - oases, mesas, desert vegetation (cactus, prickly bushes and grass tufts). Also red desert symbols (go, Aussie, go), tents and yurts.
  • Building stuff: temples, mansions, inns and other single buildings. Ruins, More fort types (eg like Schley) and prehistoric stuff - menhirs, tombs and stone/wooden circles (I believe they have 1 or 2 of these in the UK, I may be wrong). Some meditrranean (flat roofed, with vc options) and oriental (domes, minarets - perhaps as separate to add on, and pagoda like stuff). Finally, Pacific Island/Maori type buildings - on stilts with thatched roofs.
    Vegetation - apart from desert stuff above, need wetland type plants/bushes, willows and Mangroves - please please the latter. Also jungle type stuff, including palm trees and exotic colourful trees.
    We do have top down stuff in CSUAC, but no perspective type stuff of jungle stuff except for palm trees.

And GUM Trees and Wattle trees :D I'll post photos in the FB page.

Finally - Uluru
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    I like this style as CC3+ needed a good digital style which filled a spot among more cartographic or cartoonish ones, like Schey´s. I think it will become a classic. Expecting for more symbols and fills for August!

By the way, one interesting way of getting good Annuals could be precisely that. Getting annuals favourites and expanding them, most of them would become even better. I understand the direction is creating new styles which is a trademark for Campaign Cartographer but from time to time (let´s say one month per Annual) a revisit for old, popular styles would be good (also a reason to buy that missing Annual), specially if they get new exciting features. Just an opinion.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Thank you, all, for your suggestions so far :)

I will add them to the list over at the FB group when I start it on Saturday morning. I can see it's going to be a long list, but it will also be a poll, so people can tick the boxes beside the things they also want and I get a better idea of which things are more urgently required than others and prioritise my work that way.
  • This is a beautiful set Sue and I already have plans for using it in a future map. Thank you for all that you do!

I do have a request - a few types of dead deciduous trees, both with and without snow. :)
  • Posted By: ShessarThis is a beautiful set Sue and I already have plans for using it in a future map. Thank you for all that you do!

I do have a request - a few types of dead deciduous trees, both with and without snow. :)
    Yes, me as well.
  • Woot! Just bought the annual specifically for this style, gonna start work on a map tonight.
  • 2 years later
  • FrostyFrosty Surveyor

I as well, There are some ok ones in the western them that came out in one of the annuals do not recall which. The cool thing here is I get the impression you can change the color of the some of you want.

• FrostyFrosty Surveyor

Oh if you want some more inspiration I saw a movie last night that took place in Australia.. ribers having carved channells 100's of feet into the plateau floor... So you have river and to leeft and right plateau a few hundred feet up the cliff face. It was breath taking, I mean the salt water crocodiles were not but the land was.