Making speed cities with Watabou Medieval City Generator

2»

Comments

• Well i have learned something new - I think my body is quite unaesthetically greebled - I will speak to my programmers about it (though one, my Dad, is now with the Master Greebler in the sky)
  • edited November 2019
    A rather complicated but maybe useful way that works:
    1) Export the map as a SVG file.
    2) Import it to Inkscape. Save it as a WMF file.
    3) Import the WMF file into Joe Slatons SManager. You will find it on Fracterra.com-other software-CC2 stuff - this tiny program converts wmf files into symbols. It says that you need a blanc CC2 map but it works even with an blank uncompressed CC3+ map...
    4) Open the CCmap (from SManager). Open the Symbolmanager in CC3 and save the mapsymbol as a new symbol catalogue.
    5) Start a new map in CC3, choose the symbol catalogue you just created.
    6) Place the symbol (your generated map) on the empty CC3 map.
    7) Explode the symbol - an you have all town objects as separated cc3 objects in your drawing. (All but the fields... River and streets become lines.)
    /André

PS: The procedure could me much shorter if dxf export from Inkscape would work - but it does not work for me...
  • I testet the beta1 version of Inkscape 1.0 and there the dxf export works fine.
    So open the svg file with Inkscape and save the map as a dxf file (v14) that you can import directly into CC3.
    Depending on what you did in Inkscape before exporting, you get different results.
    It is recommended to ungroup the objekts (I did this at least 2 times) and then "break apart" the paths.
    You can also convert the objects into paths or contours into paths before exporting.

After you have imported the dxf file into CC3 and placed it on your CC3-map - you have to
    select all objects and set the colour to e.g. black to see all components.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    That's great news!

Thanks for this.

I don't have time to try it right now, but I will ;)