Broken line style when using CA42 Modern Political railway tools

Hi all,

this has been an issue vexing me since I first started working with the modern political map style from the 2010 annual, but as I've only placed down limited amounts of railways I didn't think to do anything about it until now.

I realize this is probably not a very popular mapping style, so I'll explain how the drawing tool for railways works. One of the entities is just a regular smooth path, while the other is a broken line style to distinguish it from roads. I've had a repeated issue with this particular drawing tool, where if I draw a line with that tool, I will often get these little blocks at irregular intervals along the track (picture attached). I find that this can be corrected using the stretch tool, and ever so slightly shifting the line, but it can be a tricky and time consuming process. Sometimes only one or two blocks spawn and they can be removed in less than 30 seconds; sometimes, on a much longer track, such as one that twists and turns through mountains, there can be far more of them, and it can easily take 5-10 minutes to get them all sorted out, as new ones crop up when you remove old ones.

Does anyone know if there is any setting or consideration to take into account when drawing that would perhaps undo this issue? It does get very frustrating to deal with this. Thanks!

Comments