CC3 toolbar messed up

I've got CC3, CD3 and DD3 installed. Something happened the other day and now I've got icons for all the other Addons on my toolbar even though I don't have any of these other addon's added.

Furthermore, none of them work! Even the ones I do have installed. If I click on any of them it gives me a message saying that the approprate tool "could not be loaded"

Any ideas what I can do about this? Will installing the patch 7 overtop correct this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try running the "CC3MenuConfig.exe" file in your main CC3 installation directory first. If that doesn't fix the problem, installing the patch is generally never a bad idea.
  • bearclawbearclaw Traveler
    and that fixed it! Thanks.
    I was afraid I would have to uninstall/reinstall and i've created a bunch of sub-folders for various mapping projects and didn't want to risk loosing any of it.
  • 1 year later
  • So I've got a similar problem to the OP: my toolbars are also messed up, with some of the buttons on one toolbar, some on another, and some not present at all. Even if I turn on all the toolbars, some of the zoom and drawing aid buttons are just missing.

I've searched the forums for all threads mentioning "toolbar" or "mnu" (for the menu files), and none have an answer. I tried running CC3MenuConfig.exe but as far as I could tell, that did nothing (TaskManager also showed nothing start). My borked-up FCW32.MNU is attached, should anyone wish to risk blasting their sanity...

I've got CC3, CD3, DD3, and SS2V3. Could some kind soul copy the contents of a working FCW32.MNU here so I could fix mine without having to manually edit hundreds of lines and figure out which buttons are missing?

Thanks.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Try to re-run the CC3 Update 10 (available from the registration page). If that does not fix your problem, you can run repair install for your add-ons and the update afterwards. That should fix your menu bars. If not, send me an email off-list (ralf@profantasy.com).
  • 7 days later
  • I'm having a problem with the icon. When I hover over them, there is no little descriptor that tells me what the command associated with the icon is. How do I turn this on? My vision isn't what it used to be, and I'm having trouble seeing the icons.

Thanks,

Steve
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Tools -> Options -> Display Tooltips.

Note that if you use a dual-screen setup, tips only show on the primary monitor.
  • There's the problem...I'm using a dual monitor setup. Didn't happen when I was using the monitor setup with the 2 monitor mirroring the primary. Thanks, Monsen.
  • Tooltips is on, I'm on the primary monitor, and the tooltips still do not display. Using Vista, and up to date with all updates. They do work in CC2, however.

Steve
  • I find that sometimes I cannot go from icon to icon in either CC2 or CC3 and see tool tips. I have to move my mouse away and back, then they show. But sometimes only one shows, move mouse pointer away and back, the next one shows. Doesn't do it with any regularity.

I have Vista Home Premium. 32-bit.