SOLVED: Varicolour trees in Japanese Temples not working

2»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Here is a small extract of the spruced up example map.

Still need a bit of work on the shadows...
  • Remy, I'm glad you were able to confirm that the roof shades flag was the culprit.

Sue, this set makes such pretty maps and this map really shows it off!
    Aw thank you :)

This is actually Ralf's example map from the annual. He just didn't have the varicolour bushes to really set it off. All I've done is add the bushes and the paths. The rest is Ralf's work.
  • Oh, I see. I didn't recognize it. Well, we all know that Ralf is absolutely one of the best mappers around, but that doesn't change the fact that your symbol art is spectacular. :D
    Thank you. I am glad you enjoy it.

And as for Ralf... I think we all secretly wish we could map like Ralf :P
  • 1 month later
    Posted By: MonsenI don't know why or how that flag got set in the first place, but it is definitively the culprit. I did a short test where the only thing I did was disabling that flag, leaving everything else as it was, and that got the varicolor to display just fine again. (Which also means it is fixable without rebuilding the symbol catalog and risk any alignment changes)
    Its me! I'm back again. This time I'm trying to solve the same problem in the Asian Town varicolour symbol catalogue.

Remy - how do you 'disable' the flag?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Well, this is one of the settings that aren't exposed in CC3+, so the only way to do that is to write a custom XP to walk the drawing list, find images, and update the variable holding that flag. A rather simple operation, really.

I have this weird feeling that you maybe would like me to do that part for you though.
    Thank you Remy :)

You're so very kind, but really I can save you the time and trouble by repairing it the same way as I did the Japanese Temples catalogue file. It's no trouble - a 5 minute job.

I just wondered what was involved with doing it the proper way if it was even faster than that.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I'm sending all these catalogue amendments to Profantasy, so whether you or anyone else ends up doing it again for the official annual issue downloads depends a lot on whether Profantasy incorporate my altered versions or do their own.