First building in PER3

2»

Comments

• I really, really wanted to do the cut-away thing on the top of the turret. . . but I have not figured out how to do that for the roof itself short of using the color key effect [Which I should have tried, in retrospect.] Before building more of the turret wall, the peaked roof just seemed to float without being grounded. . . . it looked totally off. Leaving off that roof would have given the whole thing more of a church's bell tower look, which was not the goal.
  • Posted By: MaxSchellsenFoliage symbols! Plants! Streams! Trees!
    None that I know of.
  • 1 year later
  • I just found this thread and I have to say it is outstanding work, Max. I'm currently trying to map two very different towers, a crimson, tall, cylindrical one and a black, short, square one, and i'm going to shamelessly steal a lot of ideas from here. Kudos, Max!
  • One thing you could do Max short of posting a full tutorial is to post your .FCW here. It would also be far less intensive than a tutorial. That way we can reverse engineer what you have done by looking at your sheets directly in ProFantasy. I've learned to do a lot just by using the .FCW maps provided with the examples we get with the product.
  • Discussion bookmarked so I can check the great techniques described here later!