Community Atlas - Torstan, Golden Ward - Clocktower Square

Here's a city block in Quenten's incredible city Torstan. I'll be mapping the Tavern floorplan, and perhaps a few of the shops as well. Any comments on what i can add?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    It all looks really good, Lorelei, but I think there may be a shading discrepancy with one of the buildings. If you look at the building to the west of Heylor's Fine Jewellery (Is that the American spelling you have there?), and then at Linwenna's Mercery, those two buildings seem to contradict one another. It might be that one of them is reflected?

Other than that - another great map from Lorelei :)
  • Helyor is correct. It is Cornish, not American.
    Love the map, Lorelei - and it would be great if you did floorplans of all the buildings shown, a la the second last issue in 2017 (village battle maps, I think).

Expect a message from me later about the city you want done.
    I was asking about the spelling of Jewellery - but I see my dyslexia kicked in with Helyor in the split second between reading it and typing it! LOL!
    I think I'm losing my mind!

I misread Lorelei's initial comment and thought she was showing us her map, not yours.

Sorry!
  • I have just found your mind in a recently discovered Egyptian tomb. I will email it to you, Sue.
  • Sue, i think the shading is off because those are symbols from either Bogie or Dundjinni Archives....most of them tend to have shading built in. I used those buildings to try to break up the consistency of the buildings, rather than the CD3 symbols which create their own shadows. It''ll have to do or I'll possibly have to swap them out completely.

And that is how we spell it in America, jewelry, that is :)

Quenten, I think i'm just going to do the floorplan for the Tavern....I couldn't possible find enough symbols to make a portrait studio, mercer/coat shop, or jeweler for a battle map. Besides, i don't suspect there are too many RPG battles in the local Mercer....more likely the local tavern :)

I'll likely do another floorplan, a temple or larger building next....but will still start out with a street, as i suspect it's a bit hard for Remy to put a teeny, tiny hotspot for a Temple or Tavern on this huge map - you most likely wouldn't even see it, which is why i figured i'd start out with a block or street, makes it easier.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2019
    Posted By: LoreleiI'll likely do another floorplan, a temple or larger building next....but will still start out with a street, as i suspect it's a bit hard for Remy to put a teeny, tiny hotspot for a Temple or Tavern on this huge map - you most likely wouldn't even see it, which is why i figured i'd start out with a block or street, makes it easier.
    For such large cities like this, making a street/section map first is really helpful, I appreciate that. Impossibly small hotspots are unlikely to be even noticed by anyone browsing the atlas, which can result in people never finding a map at all. Same is true of tiny features on an overland map.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Lorelei's Clocktower Square is now in the atlas. Thanks for contributing.