4 Kingdoms of Mahdran - Version 2

Hey guys! Wanted to post another updated map I did. I have posted a similar map before but I feel like this is more polished and transitions better. I know it's not a typical overland map because it's a collage of many symbols and fills from many catalogs. The intention of this map is for a concept MMORPG world map. It may seem patchy because each area is reflected of an in game 'zone'. I wanted my world to be as realistic as I could but yet inspire a fantasy flavor. Below is the legend.

I'd love to know your thoughts and what areas seem intriguing to explore?

*Legend for each Text*

White = Wilderness
Yellow = Dungeons
Green = Raid Campaigns
Purple = World Wonders
Brown = Unexplorable Zones (Seas, Mountains, Lakes)

Light Blue = Cities in the Kingdom of Malderook

Orange = Cities in the Kingdom of Koehaithia

Dark Blue = Cities in Kingdom of Parmencia

Red = Cities in Kingdom of Batazaan

*Starting Cities*

Gibbon
Felthine
Cleveport

*Races*

Races that start in Gibbon
-Rooknai (North European Humans)
-Dwarf
-Crypt Elves (Undead elves, black/grey skin, white hair)

Races that start in Felthine
-Elves (High Elves)
-Korelon (Arcanist humans, think Darth Maul)
-Nausaabi (Small Rabbit race)

Races that start in Cleveport
-Naji (South European Humans)
-Jakarium (Stone men)
-Velthriss (Lizardmen)

*Some Races are subject to change*

Theme: Middle fantasy world with a perfect blend of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Everquest.

Synopses of Main Story --The overarching story takes place at the tail end of a 700-year reign of the Seseraxian Empire, 1214 years into the Age of Conquest, the 4th Age. Thwarting the strangle that the Empire has on the realm was through the line of House Wyk. His House, birthed the Crusades against the Empire. The Crusaders are led by the Knights of the Divin’rah, a faction of 12 noble houses fighting under one banner. Their leader, Seridan of House Wyk is a devout man of the Divine (God) which is known as a Divinite. Seridan has been in a cat and mouse game against the Empire’s premier General, Mathias the last cog in the Empire’s machine. However, Seridan learns of intriguing information of a shadowy cabal who worships the fallen god Vainspire, who may be pulling the strings behind the draping shadows of war. The story takes place right before Seridan’s tough choice of determining to focus his efforts to eradicate the Empire or go after a myth that may be conspiring between the shadows.

*Map Graphics do not reflect desired in game graphics*

Image Hosted by PicturePush

I have provided a link below or double click the image for a higher zoomable resolution image.

https://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/16080579/img/Maps/World-of-Mahdran-V2.jpg

Comments

• I'd LOVE this map if i were playing an MMORPG!! Excellent stuff!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Great map with lots of interesting areas. All of those purple-colored ones just sounds like they are full of adventure.

I have to say, I am getting a bit curious how the actual game is faring too.
  • *Update*

I have updated the north and forgot a dungeon name. I wanted to account for some mystery of the lands towards the north. I took out some peaks that were acting as a barrier in the Timberland Cascades. Looks more realistic, right?

@Monsen -- The design process was set on hold for a few years but I am back in the design process now. I wanted to revamp my world to make it more realistic even though its a bit patchy still. I am getting massive inspirations from Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. I have been working on some zone lore. If you or anyone else would be interested in reading, I would love to post some recent lore.

Let me know below if anyone wants to read some zone lore and give your feedback on it too. I have posted the ones I have already written below!

*Written Zone Lore*

The Coldhorns
    The Rimewood
    Shield of Vaulk
    Doom of Yeth-tarre
    Willow Dusk
    Sharvonion Part 1 and 2
    Witherlands
  • @Lorelai -- Thank you so much for your kind words! What are some places of interest? Do you currently play any MMORPGs?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Very realistically wiggly rivers! That must have taken you ages! :)
  • @FarsightX3 I really like the look of the whole area around that Obsidian Block.....my kind of exploring. I've played Elder Scrolls online (but personally i like playing RPGs alone - as a female gamer that's been AROUND long enough to remember when things were ugly for girls online). I also play Neverwinter. I'm a big D&D nerd (obviously by my excessive battle maps :) )