Know in which file is a symbol

I have a map, made a long time ago, in which I used a symbol. Now, I want to use that symbol again in another map...but I can't find the file.

Is there any way to know in which file is a given symbol?

Comments

• What type of map ? Overland ? Dungeon ? City ? Does it look like an Annual was used ?

That could narrow down places to look.

To help with this in future, you could do what I did in similar circumstances. When I made a village/town map for a certain area of my game planet, I saved all of those symbols in a fsc file with an appropriate name to it.

So next time I made a map for a village/town in that country, I just load that symbol set.
  • After selecting the symbol in the symbol manager, you can see the file location by using the list button in the symbol manager.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Also note that you can actually load an existing map into the symbol catalog window. Just hit the open symbol catalog button, in 'File name', type *.fcw and hit enter (this will cause the dialog to set the filter to now show map files instead of symbol catalog files), no browse to your map and select it, and voila, all the symbols from that map will now show up in the symbol catalog window.
  • Thank you! Following your indications, I now have my symbol :)

Thank you very much, again.