Program not responding like i want, what is wrong?

Hello everyone,

I'm no expert in CC3+, I used it often about a year ago, and it was doing all i asked and had no problems.
Now after a year i'm back, but i can't get things right anymore.
It feels like the program is not listening to what i say.

For example:
- I start a new map, decide the settings, and i choose no grid labels. And it show with offcourse, the labels.
- I want to draw a wall, and i want it to be on the sheet 'wall' so I select that sheet. I draw the wall, and when i apply the effects of the wall-sheet, nothing happens. I check on which sheet the wall really is, and it's now on 'S: Wall Mask'
- Ok, no problem i think: but when i now want to select the wall with the change properties i can't select anything on my map. If i right click, and choose 'move to sheet' and click on the wall i get the layer window instead of the sheet window.

It is getting really annoying now, and I tried restarting, updating, ... it all worked before, but maybe something is wrong in setting or i'm clicking or doing something wrong?
Can you guys get me back on the right path?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: killerkonijn- I start a new map, decide the settings, and i choose no grid labels. And it show with offcourse, the labels.
    This is a weird little annoyance, but when disabling labels, you must uncheck all the labeling checkboxes, not just the main one (and you need to check that to be able to uncheck the sub-boxes, then uncheck the main one.)
    I want to draw a wall, and i want it to be on the sheet 'wall' so I select that sheet. I draw the wall, and when i apply the effects of the wall-sheet, nothing happens. I check on which sheet the wall really is, and it's now on 'S: Wall Mask'
    Drawing tools choose their own sheet, so when using them, it doesn't matter which sheet you select beforehand, the tools will use the sheet they are configured to use. You can disable this behavior in the drawing tool dialog, although I don't recommend it. Even though it sometimes is annoying that things didn't end up on the sheet you selected, it tends to quickly become more an annoyance with it off because you forget to change sheets, and everything ends up on the wrong sheet.
    - Ok, no problem i think: but when i now want to select the wall with the change properties i can't select anything on my map. If i right click, and choose 'move to sheet' and click on the wall i get the layer window instead of the sheet window.
    Sounds like your selection method may eb off. Try typing SELBYD on the command line, followed by enter, or go to Tools -> Options -> Select Method -> Dialog or Popup.
  • yes that fixed it completely, thanks hero!