City-Mapping (Beginner with Big Dreams)

I want to create a large city map for a campaign I am running. This is supposed to be a part of their campaign for a good while so I want to get it as detailed as possible, but I can't seem to get anything done right. I am trying to surround the city by a very large wall & moat, but I can't seem to get base of the city right nor can I get any walls to be set up. Anyone have any suggestions that could help me? I am familiar with at least the basics of CC3+ and have made a couple overworld maps already.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello Dimnessfallen :)

My first suggestion is to get City Designer 3, if you haven't already got it.

The second suggestion is to get the Tome of Ultimate Mapping, and to read the entire section on CD3.

You will find it here: https://secure.profantasy.com/products/tome.asp

Contained in that section are instructions that will cover practically every single thing you will ever need to be able to do on a city map.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I also suggest that you post what you've got so far, or at least be a bit more specific. It is incredible difficult to give general advice without anything to go on. For example, you say you can't get walls set up. Do you have an issue using the city wall drawing tools, or are you after something different compared to what the tools provide?