Product registration

Hello everybody!

Question: I am using cc3 and I have most of the addons to go with it. I do not have the finances to upgrade to cc3+ yet. My problem is that I have upgraded to a new cpu and when I installed my soft ware to the new one It would not let me register them all as it is saying already registered to another account. when I had them on my old cpu I had them all registered, but had to create a new one. I can't remember my old account info and it will not let me register some of the products... Is there any way I can remedy this?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    That's usually because you're registering under different email addresses. Did you register the first time with a different email address?

Incidentally, you don't have to register the software more than once. If you're installing, you need the serial numbers but, if you registered them as you said, your serial numbers are available to you on your Registration page. You can also get your serial numbers from the ProFantasy Order Tracking page. You'll need to enter the email address you used when you ordered/registered them, (which you should be able to use to get to your registration page, too).

If all else fails, contact the support desk. They can help you. Support is via e-mail (given the range of time zones it's the easiest way), so it's possible you may not get the resolution today, but they're very responsive.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2017
    Also, do you still have your old computer? If so, you can find your serial numbers in the registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EvolutionComputing\CampaignCartographer3.

If you have the old computer, fire it up and try this:
    1. Click the Windows Start button and, in the Run or Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
      The Windows Registry Editor opens.It's an explorer-style window with a list of entries on the left. Note: Depending on your version of Windows, and how it's configured, you may see a User Account Control dialog box where you'll need to confirm that you want to open Registry Editor.
    2. In the registry, look for the following entry:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EvolutionComputing\CampaignCartographer3.
      You'll see a list of keys on the right.
    3. In list of keys on the right, find SerialNum.
      That's the serial number for CC3.
    4. Double-click the SerialNum key and you can copy the text. Be sure not to delete or change it!
      The serial numbers for your add-ons are also listed, such as DD3SerialNum, CD3SerialNum, etc.
    Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Interesting. When my computer failed I just copy and pasted to a text file on my computer from my registration page.
  • Okay! when I go to the registration page it is only showing 4 of the products registered cc3, co3, ft3 and tome of ultimate mapping. I have cd3, dd3 and symbol set 1 and 2 which do not show up in my registration page. they did on my old cpu. I am using the same email so not sure what it is. It will not let me install dd3 because It tells me I need to download the .net framework stuff It will not let me register it to upgrade the installer.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Then you should follow Dogtag's advice above and contact support (links in his post), they'll be able to help you out and get things sorted.