Community Atlas: Doriant penninsula SW of Evrith Dumh

2»

Comments

• Okay, I think a white glow around The Ghost Reef would work and a black glow around the symbols. I may tray, and post, a medium gray and see how they compare.
  • Reduced the size of the glow around the symbols and made it color zero. Color around the text is white. 86% of 1200 pixels.
  • Looking good. The trees seem sort of static. Maybe add some smaller clumps randomly to make them look less identical? The glow seems a little harsh, as well.
  • Well, my install problems converting a Vista computer to Win 7 are hopefully completed.

I wanted to make a medium gray under the symbols, but I had a hard time seeing that.

So, the desire is I put a black glow, a lighter glow, but not a white glow under the symbols.

While I install just Cc3Plus on my Win 7 Professional computer, along with a video card driver and a wireless driver, I would appreciate it if there was a consensus on what type of glow to put under the symbols, its strength, and its distance. I'm just too new to efects to make it work correctly.

Thank you !
  • I think black is the way to go for glow on your symbols, but much less "glowy" -- more to make them pop than to actually glow. So try maybe a strength of 10 and radius of 1 and see how that looks, and adjust it as needed.
  • Here is 10 and 10... 10 and 1 didn't show to my eyes. And I added a smaller jungle tree symbol.
  • Getting the glow to look right on lettering and/or symbols does need a fair bit of playing around with, I find. Sometimes it's amazing what even a really small change can make to the look - and that's not always easy to judge/guess-at in advance. High strength but small radius should work like a simple coloured outline, but that isn't always how it pans out, I know. Worth persevering with the experiments though, I'd say, Jim!
  • A bit tired from working on this, and installing CC3Plus onto my Win 7 computer. Faster than my Win 10 computer and it has an actual power supply, not an adapter.
  • I made the glow area for symbols slightly larger, to 20, with no other changes. I'm going to submit on Monday.

81% of 1200 pixels.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited November 2017
    Here we go. Here is the blurb and the final map. Submitted to Monsen for inclusion.

Doriant Penninsula

Name: JimP

Contact details: Profantasy forums http://crestofastar.drivein-jim.net/

Map Description: A peninsula, jungle, and sand.

The two islands near Day, are Dream and Dark.

The three islands near Moon are Quarter, Half, and Gibbous. New, dark of the moon, vanished millenia ago.

There are those who claim The Ghost Reef isn't real, as fog hides it.

Fill under the forest is: Scrubland_MS from Mike Schley

Land is Land_MS.

Ocean is: Sea_MS.

The unnamed henge is there for current religious practices by Night.

Isle of Ghosts: an abandoned village falling to ruin. Pale lights are seen there at night by passing ships.

Night: a city of evil. Hang on to your life !

Day: a mostly nice city, but there is evil afoot !

Moon: a most peculiar city. The street lights only work when the moon is above the horizon.

The Gray Forest: a place of monsters and villages. Instead of attacking, sometimes the monsters will sneak up on a group and shout 'Booo!' very loudly and then run away. The demon heads mark areas of known evil.

City of Death: a necropolis. Adventuerers and thieves that go there to rob the tombs, never come back.

Trade: Night and Day have seaports and trade with other cities. Moon tried to set up a seaport, but merchant ships refused to stop. 'Too spooky' they said.

Night and Day have two lighthouses each. Moon has none.

Crops near Night seem to have a life of their own. Go not in there if you are not one of the farmers.

Crops near Day and Moon are not as frightening.

Symbols:

Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\Maps\Mike Schley\Vegetation.fsc, Cartouches.fsc, and Structures.fsc
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Jim. Doriant Peninsula is now in the atlas.