Unofficial Facebook Group

2»

Comments

• I have two accounts on face book...one for me, one for my books. I think I've been on face book 4 times in the past two years? I'm sorry, but I'm with Scott on this one. With all the bs political crap that keeps getting pushed, and now with their censorship bs... I'm boycotting facebook. In fact, the ONLY reason I haven't taken down my accounts, is because there are some people I can ONLY reach through facebook.

My main account has been 'banned' anyway....
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Banned? What does that mean? Were you really wicked at some point? (That I can't imagine!)

But really - as a closed group it doesn't tend to get all that bad stuff you see everywhere else. In fact I've not seen any there at all. I think everyone is more interested in maps than anything else ;)

Congratulations on a thriving group, Josh :)
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    I follow the group and have commented a few times. As Sue says, there isn't much (I've seen none) of the bad stuff. I'm confused about the new Units thing FB has started, apparently, but I'm not on or active enough on my own or any other pages to worry much about things like that. I still mostly avoid FB, but have to say that the PF/CC3+ (unofficial) page is pretty good. Seems like a cohesive community, which is nice.
  • Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    The units is a great idea. I can create a Learning Unit. For example: Introduction to CC3+.

Under that I can create posts associated with that Learning Unit.

1. Which add-on do I need to map... ?
    2. What are all the buttons?
    3. Where are the tutorials?
    4. Annuals - Where can I get new styles and symbols?
    5. List of Resources

Now 6 months from when these are created and the posts are long forgotten the learning unit remains linked to the learning unit and therefore available under the Units button. New users can come to the group, select the Introduction to CC3+ learning unit and read/watch each post in the order we have set. Using this we can deliver training and guides to new users in an order that makes sense to them. Members can mark each unit as complete once they have finished with it and track their progress against the learning unit as a whole.

This really solves the problem you see in large Facebook groups where the same questions get asked and answered repeatably.

It's obviously designed for education groups but given our group is focused on helping new users learn CC3+ it's perfect!
  • Sorry, didn't mean to bring negativity. Lorelei, my main account was 'banned' (it isn't truly banned, but I can't post anything to it, and no one sees my posts) after I disagreed with some liberal thread that was posted to my wall. I didn't agree with the view point, so I went to the 'friend', posted a rebuttal, and requested they remove the content from my wall, as I had people on my friends list that were children (mainly my kids,). I also posted a 'rant' saying that I was NOT a liberal thinking, and I did NOT agree or accept the view that were being posted to my wall, and I noticed I was getting a lot of liberal content, and practically nothing conservative.

Next thing I know, I can't post, what few things do make it through, no one can see what I've posted, and I have been deemed as 'antagonistic and inflammatory".

So my response was to just quit using FB altogether. That was over a year ago?
    edited April 2018
    They added in controls so that you can delete things that people post to your walls but yes the political posts can really get out of control. That's why I spend 95% of my time in closed groups. Sounds like your security settings may have been modified. You can set your posts so that they are only visible to specific groups. If it's not your thing though it's not your thing.

For anyone else following along we have just posted the second map challenge.
    For the month of May we are going to shift the focus to an encounter map. The draft image is posted below. Take it and have a crack at making something similar in CC3+.

It does not have to be exact and you are encouraged to add some of your own ideas to the map. The cave systems in the hill / mountain behind are not documented. Perhaps it's not a cave but a dungeon. Going to leave that up to you to figure out. Perhaps you map the inside of the house or perhaps you just learn how to put a roof on it.

Use this as an opportunity to try some new techniques and push yourself a little bit further. If you don't have Dungeon Designer 3 you can still attempt this in core CC3+, you might have to learn how to import external symbols in though.

Can't wait to see what everyone creates!
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    The political BS is why I quit FB last year. I mostly just lurk these days when I go there at all.
  • I would love to take part in your little challenge... I actually already have an idea for it. But I don't know if FB will let me post it, because they won't really let me post much of anything. I may do it for fun, and post the map I create here. Well, here on the site, not specifically on this thread. I may see if FB would let me post something that innocuous... I don't know.
    I can help get it over to Facebook if it doesn't work.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I still don't understand how other people can limit your use of FB like that, Storm. That's the kind of thing that happens in places that have dictators, not the USA - surely?
  • Sue, I will send you an email explaining what's going on... I really shouldn't have brought it up here, it's not the place for it. I was just trying to explain why I don't use Facebook, and why I wouldn't join this group. I wanted everyone to know it wasn't a slight on my part. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to highjack the thread with this foolishness, I didn't think it would go much further than a simple explanation.
  • 14 days later
    In case there are new people flowing into the forums as a result of the Bundle of Holding. We also have an unofficial Facebook Group with 960+ members so if you use that platform feel free to come and join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CC3plus/