Multiple Monitor problem, help!

I have two monitors set up on my computer. I was using Fractal Terrains and had it set up so that my globe, altitude, and other windows were on my right monitor while the main map itself was on the left. Well, my right monitor died yesterday and now I can't see any of my other windows. Is there any way to get them to move back onto the left monitor?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if there is an In-program reset command, but if you can handle registry editing, renaming the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Slayton Software\FT300\Workspace key (with FT3 closed) should reset all view settings to default. I don't recommend editing the registry unless you know what you are doing however, as wrong edits can easily corrupt your entire operating system. A backup is normally in order first.

Note that you need to set up the entire workspace again after doing this, a lot of toolbars, including the globe, will be hidden and needs to be turned back on.
  • Will do. I'm a tech, so I can do registry edits. Just wanted to see if there was an easier way. Will give it a try. Thanks!
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    Can the second monitor (or, rather, the video card) be unplugged? That will force everything onto the remaining one.

If you be sure the focus is on the stuff on the other monitor, there's keyboard shortcuts to move the window, too. will move the active window to the left monitor, for example. (This is on Win 7. I cannot guarantee that it will work on later versions, but it should.)