Interested in CC3+ but will there by soon CC4

I admit I'm (very) interested by CC3+... but I checked some reviews here and there, and saw that CC3+ was released more than two years ago. And I saw a review of CC3 that was written in july 2006.

I saw in the FAQ that if the software had an upgrade within 3 months after the purchase, it would be a free upgrade...

So, before my final decision, is there any information available on a possible CC4 in the future ?

Sincerely,
Basil

PS. Another little question: are we allowed to install the software on two computers with the same serial ? I'm using a desktop and a notebook.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Nothing planned in the near future as I know. ProFantasy generally have long release cycles (as you can see from the time between CC3 and CC3+) supported by updates rather than push new versions all the time. There will probably be a CC4 one day, but not in the near future.

As for installation, if it is for personal (non-commercial) use, you can install it on up to three computers (restricted to computers normally located at the same physical address, so you can't give an install to a friend)
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    Here is the relevant section of the license on multiple installations:

"Installation and use. You may install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on up to three personal computers at one address (including laptops normally kept at that address) for non-commercial use. Alternatively you may install a copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a single personal computer for commercial use. Any use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for profit or by any business constitutes commercial use. Any use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT by recognized academic or charitable institutions constitutes non-commercial use."
  • basilgassbasilgass Traveler
    Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm going to bought it today! My children started to play Pathfinder with me and I'm really not good on drawing maps at hand :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2017
    Hi basilglass, welcome to the ProFantasy forum and, soon it seems, to CC3+!

Once you get the software, I highly encourage you to follow the tutorials in the Essentials guide. The tutorials are fun and very informative. You'll find the Essentials guide on your computer, in your Documentation sub-folder. The complete CC3+ User Manual is there too. You can also download them from your account page, which will be created when you register your purchase.

I know you're eager to begin mapping, so you may want to start with the CC3 Essentials guide because it's not too long and it will familiarize you with the software quickly. The Essentials guide was written for CC3 but everything in there applies to CC3+. Some button images might be a little different but they are similar enough that it shouldn't be an issue. The CC3+ User Manual is written for CC3+ and it explains things in more detail. You can open the CC3+ User Manual from the Help menu in CC3+.

Also, if you haven't already done so, you may want to check out the video tutorial links on the ProFantasy website. They are another fun way to learn about the software, particularly the videos by Joe Sweeney. Again, some were originally made for CC3 but everything still applies. Also, community member Tonnichiwa recently started a YouTube channel with some video tutorials.

And last, but definitely not least, another good resource is the Interesting, Important, and Helpful Topics discussion. It's a "sticky" topic that always sits at the top of the forum discussion list. And, of course, the forum here is very active and filled with friendly, helpful folks.

Cheers and happy mapping!
    ~Dogtag
  • taustinoctaustinoc Surveyor
    If you've never used CAD software before, it cannot be emphasized enough that you will benefit from the tutorials, in whatever form works the best for you. CC is not a graphics program, or even a draw program. It is a CAD program, and the assumptions behind the user interface are different. It works very well, and once you're used to it, it's very efficient, but every instinct you have from using Photoshop will be wrong.

The tutorials will get you through the basic interface.

And this forum is one of the two most helpful (and polite) user forums I've ever seen.