WIP: Throne of the Blue Empress

2»

Comments

• This is really unique and quite creative. I love your custom created decorations. Can't wait to see more of the border decor. Love it!
  • Thanks, Shessar! Starting to believe that I will just go with a pair of inset images and create a title panel to tack on to the top or bottom
  • Your cartouches are outstanding, Topdecker! The border one is right out of a medieval tome. Awesome work my friend!

DMG
  • It is actually heavily based on a woodcut from Pierre Gringoir's "The Castell of labour" circa 1505
  • Woah amazing!! <3 I especially love how you've made and included some of your own symbols, I never thought of doing that, it's brilliant, and a wonderful map!
  • Thanks, pixelkitteh. If you ever do try to make your own symbols, I would suggest that you put a heavy border on the resulting image - that is the #1 trick to making them look solid :)

I have GMed the Forgotten Realms setting once and have read a lot of the lore. I did not recall 'Feywild' but now that I know about it, I guess it is possible that the name filtered in as the woods that I named 'Fey-Wylde'.

Anyhow, it is funny how things like that can creep in :) I started with Fey Woods, then Fey Wilderness, and then Fey Wild, and finally Fey-Wylde. Even so, I don't really want to use a Forgotten Realms style and then appear to repurpose an entire plane of existence into a named forest.

So that bit of woods is now marked as 'Tuatha de Sidhe' - or Tribe of the Fey. Still gonna lift Oberon and Titania from Shakespeare.