Continent - The Aezin Isle (My First Map)

2»

Comments

• 22 days later
  • TopdeckerTopdecker Traveler
    Posted By: pixelkittehMy little island campaign. It's actually quite small but has a lot of details. The settlements are all villages except for the capital of Rosebridge.
    I really appreciate you sharing this one, pixelkitteh. My first 3 or 4 campaigns were launched on a couple of small islands and your map really brought me back. I really love the scale of it and the towering mountains are really evocative. Bravo!

BTW, I am guesstimating the length of the island as around 50 miles long. Is that close?

Tim
  • Hi Tim! It's a little bit bigger than that, about 250 miles long from left to right! Thank you for the kind comments, I am really looking forward to a campaign in this little piece of the world. Aezin has changed quite a lot since this very first map of mine, it feels almost nostalgic looking at this!

Here is what it looks like now :)
  • JMunsonIIJMunsonII Traveler
    Aezin has changed quite a lot since this very first map of mine
    A wizard's work is ne'er done... ;)

Very nice work.

I have to ask, because at this viewport size I can't really tell what's going on - what are the various blobs on the west end of Nelaerys? Different "copses" of trees?
  • I have to ask, because at this viewport size I can't really tell what's going on - what are the various blobs on the west end of Nelaerys? Different "copses" of trees?
    Ah yes it is hard to see from this map size! It's actually a swampy mire place which also has overgrown forests throughout it, its also full of lizardfolk, so watch out for that! :D It's not a nice place, i'd stick to the south east if I were you :)
  • JMunsonIIJMunsonII Traveler
    Ah yes it is hard to see from this map size! It's actually a swampy mire place which also has overgrown forests throughout it, its also full of lizardfolk, so watch out for that! :D It's not a nice place, i'd stick to the south east if I were you :)
    Given that, to add distinction to the swamp zone, maybe consider changing the fill color in some fashion to be something other than the forests?
  • HadrianVIHadrianVI Surveyor
    Wow, great use of the ancient realms style!
  • Given that, to add distinction to the swamp zone, maybe consider changing the fill color in some fashion to be something other than the forests?
    Yes excellent idea, it's on my list of things I need to change! I don't particularly like it at the moment at all, I need it to look more swampy and less blendy.
  • Posted By: HadrianVIWow, great use of the ancient realms style!
    Thank you :) I've really fallen in love with the Ancient Realms style, it's one of my favorites at the moment.