How do you fix a line that is pixellated?

2»

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Tony - this might help to cut down the number of passes for you:

1. Close CC3

2. Go to your Program Data file. For most people this will be C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus

3. Locate the file called CC3PlusCfg.xml NB. Take a copy of this file and keep it somewhere safe in case this doesn't work for you on your machine or with your setup

4. Right click the file in the CC3Plus folder, and go for 'Edit', which will open the file as a text file.

5. Providing you have already rendered at least one map with your software you should have a block of HTML code right at the end of this file that looks a lot like the attached image.

6. Add the extra zero (highlighted yellow on the attached image) to the end of the number (you will have only 6 zeros, not 7), then save and close the file.

7. Reopen CC3 and try your render again.
    edited May 2017
    For some weird reason the yellow highlighting has disappeared from the image, but its supposed to be on the last zero of 40000000
  • Ok, Thank you Sue. I appreciate it.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Posted By: LoopysueI think Tony might need to do it to cut down on his '86 passes', but I don't know if he's using CC3 or CC3+ (if that makes a difference) :)
    CC3PlusCfg.xml is a feature of CC3+. CC3 stores its information in the registry and doesn't have the "number of pixels allowed in a pass" setting available anyhow.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited May 2017
    Posted By: LoopysueThis is one of the reasons I export without antialiasing and then do it in Photopaint or GIMP - CC3 really slows down badly with a lot of antialiasing going on
    It may look that way initially because things take more time once you turn it on, but it isn't actually so. Antialiasing just requires CC3+ to export a larger image, the time taken is exactly the same as when you increase the image size manually to downsample it yourself afterwards.
    I did hear from Joe though, and he told me that the result is likely to be better by using an external program for the downsampling.
    Posted By: LoopysueTony - this might help to cut down the number of passes for you:
    This can be very helpful, but I advice to to keep a mental note that you did this. I've found that increasing this value too high causes CC3+ to crash upon exporting certain maps. It works with some, but may crash on others. If you start seeing crashes when exporting large maps, you may need to reduce this number a bit. I had to put mine at 30000000 for the machine I render all the atlas maps on, anything higher, and it would crash on some of the maps.
    Posted By: jslayton
    Posted By: LoopysueI think Tony might need to do it to cut down on his '86 passes', but I don't know if he's using CC3 or CC3+ (if that makes a difference) :)
    CC3PlusCfg.xml is a feature of CC3+. CC3 stores its information in the registry and doesn't have the "number of pixels allowed in a pass" setting available anyhow.
    Sorry Joe - I'm not good at logic and thinking at 1-4 am :(
    Posted By: Monsen
    Posted By: LoopysueThis is one of the reasons I export without antialiasing and then do it in Photopaint or GIMP - CC3 really slows down badly with a lot of antialiasing going on
    It may look that way initially because things take more time once you turn it on, but it isn't actually so. Antialiasing just requires CC3+ to export a larger image, the time taken is exactly the same as when you increase the image size manually to downsample it yourself afterwards.
    I did hear from Joe though, and he told me that the result is likely to be better by using an external program for the downsampling.
    Thanks Remy :)

I'm not bright enough to work all these things out myself, but I enjoy learning how things work and why things happen :)
    Posted By: Monsen
    Posted By: LoopysueTony - this might help to cut down the number of passes for you:
    This can be very helpful, but I advice to to keep a mental note that you did this. I've found that increasing this value too high causes CC3+ to crash upon exporting certain maps. It works with some, but may crash on others. If you start seeing crashes when exporting large maps, you may need to reduce this number a bit. I had to put mine at 30000000 for the machine I render all the atlas maps on, anything higher, and it would crash on some of the maps.
    And that is an extremely useful piece of information! Thank you :)