Sector 15 - Errahum Ward and the Borough of Lurkin

2»

Comments

• I love seeing your work Sue. Wonderful as always!
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Thanks Jim and Shessar :)

Jim - I might have to use the excuse of non-Euclidian geometry to explain away any weird stuff that appears as a result of messing this map around quite so badly!

Shessar - I'm not going anywhere ;) I'll carry on posting the progress once I've got it back into CC3 - so that everyone can see the result of hybridising software techniques and tricks :)
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    edited February 2017
    The cliffs are gorgeous... wish i had a wacom to draw! In anyways i wouldn´t have such talent heh.

Keeping on growing beautiful. *Hat off*
    Thanks Medio :)

I only have a Wacom because my mum bought me one for Christmas. You can get basic Bamboo (now re-branded 'One') models for about £60-70. That's what I've got. I was just lucky there was an offer on at the same time, so it only cost mum £50 :)

If you had no artistic talent you wouldn't have been able to draw such a beautiful landmass in your most recent map, or chosen such lovely colours. We all have artistic abilities, its just that each of us has a different kind of artistic ability - a bit like a fingerprint - unique to each person. The silliest part is that though each of us can see the art of other's works, we are totally blind to our own artistic fingerprint. I can think of someone on this very forum who hotly denies he has any natural talent, yet who I seem to remember won Shessar's battle map competition last year ;)
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    Actually it´s not an economic issue, i can afford buying one but i´m one of those rare people who only buy what it´s really useful to them. While i always see with envy my friends who possess a Wacom (some of them even have a Cintiq which is GORGEOUS), every time i analize with cold mind i don´t find enough reasons to buy one. More now specially that my daughter will start a new stage of her life where i will have even less time...

See, i´m gonna do one thing. I´ll borrow one Bamboo from one of my friends, will test it, and then i will decide if i will buy it.

Not sure if i have artistic talent apart from writing... but heck that won´t stop me doing things! ;)
    You can use a Wacom with CC3, though the technique is a little different and takes a while to get used to ;)

I wouldn't know how to use a Cintiq, but I can see how they are a lot better if that's the way your hand-eye coordination works - to be looking directly at what your hand is doing.

The reason I am happy with the Bamboo is because I am a proficient touch-typist, and looking at the screen while my hand moves the pen on a tablet that I'm not actually looking at seems natural to me - like driving a car ;)

None of that, however, is as important as a child :D
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    My friend told me that jumping from a Bamboo/Intuo to a Cintiq is the same quality jump than doing the mouse to Bamboo one. Maybe for profesionals though, i don´t want him even to show it to me (funny thing is that two of my three best friends got a Cintiq, both for professional reasons - one is digital photographer, the other is professional comics colourist ).